Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oprah's pups

Puppyluv
September 19th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Ok so I actually can't stand her most of the time, but Oprah got three new SUPER CUTE puppies:
Luke, Layla and Gracie.

Prin
September 19th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Was that on Oprah today? I missed it.. I'm gonna have to tape it when it plays again at 7...

Puppyluv
September 19th, 2005, 06:19 PM
yeah, today's show in the last 20 minutes or so.
There are also some pics of the puppies on her website (where I got that one) but not many.

Prin
September 19th, 2005, 06:40 PM
They're gonna be a handful. I'm so surprised that in the commercial, she called them kids again- last time she got so much heat from her viewers. I'm glad she means it and is serious enough to say f them, they are my kids! :) :highfive:

BoxerRescueMTL
September 19th, 2005, 08:45 PM
She got heat for calling them kids?!?!?!!? Why???

Puppyluv
September 19th, 2005, 10:13 PM
"They're not humans!! They're Just Dogs!!!"
(NOT my oppinion, I just remember people being quoted as saying stuff like that)

susieqt
September 19th, 2005, 10:38 PM
What kind of puppies are there and where did she get them?? Don't tell me a petshop or breeder or I'll never watch her show again!!!
Just joking, I will watch her show but I do hope she rescued those puppies. :pawprint:

Puppyluv
September 19th, 2005, 10:44 PM
rescue? three identical purebreeds? no
she got them from a breeder.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 19th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Does she still have her other dogs Sophie and I forget the other ones name.

amber416
September 20th, 2005, 12:00 AM
yeah, she does...they showed her introducing the new puppies to her other two dogs, with the help of some behaviorist. It was cute, but i think it would have been a lot cuter if she would have gone to the shelter and adopted her new family members instead :)

Luvmypit
September 20th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Saw it definately from a breeder.
She went to go get 2 and ended up begging steadman to take the one with the over bite cause the breeder said 'oh you don't want that one'. So oprah begged steadman to take the over bite one cause "she will be discrimated against and I can't have that" so she got three instead. Got give her soem credit for that one.

The other dogs names are sophie and solomon.

heidiho
September 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
I watched her show yesterday,it was funny watching her ask Steadman if they could get a third puppy,and you got to love her for getting it because it had an overbite and the lady told her oh you dont want this one..

TobsterMom
September 20th, 2005, 12:31 PM
I'm sooo happy she took the pup with the underbite!!! She was actually the cutest, with her little bottom teeth sticking out!!!! Lord knows what would have happened to the poor thing!

heidiho
September 20th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Iknow that puppy was adorable..........I do love her for the fact of how she does love her animals,,,

StaceyB
September 20th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Though getting the pups from rescue may have been a good idea I think that someone who does so much for others should be able to decide to get her puppies from a breeder if that is what she wanted. It didn't look like she got them from BYB, puppy mill or pet store. All of the pups will have a great life but I think that she needs to go to training classes with all of them and not just bring in a trainer.
Oprah announced in that same show that she was donating 10 000 000 to the gulf coast to help rebuild, who else does that.

heidiho
September 20th, 2005, 02:08 PM
I could not believe that when i heard her say 10,000,00.00 WOW,she is incredible......................

Prin
September 20th, 2005, 04:30 PM
No matter how many people don't like her here, I always loved her. She is as genuine as they get on television.

Roxy's_MA
September 20th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I love Oprah, but I don't get home in time to watch it anymore :mad:

heidiho
September 20th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I did not care for her commet yesterday when ja said she could pay for the new studio for every dollar she got,and Oprah said no it would take two dollars,or something like that,it came across as snobbish to me