Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's up with dijon?

Puppyluv
September 19th, 2005, 04:06 PM
What is up with it I say? Now don't get me wrong, I love the stuff. I put dijon on everything! (well maybe not everything, but i have it at least once a day in some form or another) Because I eat it so often, I go through many bottles of it, and that is where my issue arises. No two bottles ever taste the same!! And I don't just mean between brands (that's to be expected) But two bottles of the same brand rarely taste the same.
I'm a grey poupon fan. I like Maille too, refuse to spend 10$/bottle on the gourmet imported french stuff, and find that French's tastes a little too much like yellow mustard. (also a worthy condiment, but for different purposes)
Sometimes though, the Grey Poupon is a little weak, lacks flavour. Other times, it's just too wine-y. And sometimes it is quite similar to Keane's hot mustard (again a worthy condiment, but for VERY different uses) where it makes your eyes water, nose run and chest burn endlessly.
SO what is up with it? Why can't my dijon be consistent?
Anyone?

Prin
September 19th, 2005, 05:21 PM
It's from seeds right? So two seeds can be different, therefore a million seeds in a jar might be different too... Maybe... Just a theory... I only like dijon in my dad's salad dressing. Otherwise, I find it so disgusting... :o

Dog Dancer
September 20th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I love Dijon too, you're right about the French's. I like Prin's idea about it being the seeds. Sounds logical. Have you read the label and tried e-mailing the co. Maybe you'd get a free coupon :rolleyes: