Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

kitten's stool has blood in it

misslaydee510
September 18th, 2005, 11:49 PM
my cat, tigger, is about 3 months old. he farts alot and i see his feces area always wet, light brown/yellow and sometimes has blood in it, and wen i look at his anus, it would drip a little blood...

what is this?

Prin
September 18th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Ask your vet. Without seeing the kitty, we can't say for sure what is happening. If the stool has been soft for a while, this kitty needs a vet. If the kitty is bleeding from anywhere, the kitty needs a vet.

Have you read the rules? There is also an announcement that says this:
To newcomers with sick pets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE PLEASE.

Do not post questions that require immediate veterinary care.

If your pet is seriously ill, bleeding, can't move, hasn't pooped or peed in a couple of days, has green mucus coming out of the nose or eyes, hasn't eaten or drank in a few days, is pooping blood, is coughing blood, has a bloated tummy, cries when touched or picked up.....Then please take the poor animal to the VETS ASAP.......Do not waste time posting here, your pet needs to be seen by a real live veterinarian immediately.

If you cannot afford vet care, check to see if your vet or another vet can take payments, or check to see if any veterinary school or college facility can help.

Thank You

Pets.ca

justncase
September 19th, 2005, 12:41 AM
This could possibly be IBD- irritable bowel disease or intestinal disease . Unusual in a pet so young but gas, abnormal stool colour, and blood all point to a diet that is inadequate for the needs of your kitten that is triggering this.Your kitten is not getting all of the nutrition he needs out of his food. It is not being assimilated properly for some reason. This is putting your kitten's health at risk. What are you feeding him? Are you constantly changing the diet?

misslaydee510
September 19th, 2005, 12:52 AM
This could possibly be IBD- irritable bowel disease or intestinal disease . Unusual in a pet so young but gas, abnormal stool colour, and blood all point to a diet that is inadequate for the needs of your kitten that is triggering this.Your kitten is not getting all of the nutrition he needs out of his food. It is not being assimilated properly for some reason. This is putting your kitten's health at risk. What are you feeding him? Are you constantly changing the diet?

same food i give me CAT, meow mix, and purina for cats and kittens.
i make sure that it says for kittens as well.

justncase
September 19th, 2005, 12:56 AM
What was his diet before this? Meow Mix and Purina.....hmmmm. Look into a really good brand of canned kitten food.One that lists chicken as the first ingredient and one with no by-products or fillers. I think Meow Mix and Purina lists corn as the first ingredient, doesn't it?

White Wolf
September 19th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Please know that despite any suggestions you get, the cat needs a vet. Changing the food when a cat is in need of veterinary care will not change that fact.

Coldwetnose
September 19th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Take this cat to the Vet ASAP. We are not Veterinarians on this web site and changing ANYTHING without the advice of a Vet could be life threatening.

Posters - please understand that while some advice on less serious issues is appreciated - bleeding from the rectum is serious and should not be handled by anyone but a professional. Please do not take your responsibility lightly. No one can afford for this kitten to suffer further due to non-professional advice.

justncase
September 19th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Please know that despite any suggestions you get, the cat needs a vet. Changing the food when a cat is in need of veterinary care will not change that fact.

Take this cat to the Vet ASAP. We are not Veterinarians on this web site and changing ANYTHING without the advice of a Vet could be life threatening.
Posters - please understand that while some advice on less serious issues is appreciated - bleeding from the rectum is serious and should not be handled by anyone but a professional. Please do not take your responsibility lightly. No one can afford for this kitten to suffer further due to non-professional advice.

It would appear that the OP has already been advised to seek veterinary assistance in this matter. To state " this is putting your kitten's health at risk" is to state that necessity , yet again. To inquire further does not , in any way, substitute for that necessity , to inquire as to the content and the quality of the diet does not substitute for that necessity and not even the OP could conclude that it did.

Dragonfly
September 19th, 2005, 03:47 PM
It would appear that the OP has already been advised to seek veterinary assistance in this matter. To state " this is putting your kitten's health at risk" is to state that necessity , yet again. To inquire further does not , in any way, substitute for that necessity , to inquire as to the content and the quality of the diet does not substitute for that necessity and not even the OP could conclude that it did.

And yet we have seen on THIS forum that sometimes people DO listen to the advice of people here INSTEAD of going to the vet and I can think of one puppy that died because of the delay.