Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Who out there knows Barrie, Ontario. Moving.

anniebananie
September 17th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Does anyone live up in Barrie??? We are moving up there in 2 weeks, and will be looking for a good Vet Clinic in the East end of Barrie. Also how to make moving with 3 cats and two dogs less painful for them. They will be staying at our local Vets clinic for two nights before we actually leave - so the moving people will not upset them. HELP, pretty please :fingerscr

Writing4Fun
September 18th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Annie, I'm in Innisfil, about 1km south of Barrie. :D What area are you moving to? I go to the vet on Essa Road - Allandale Veterinary Clinic (http://www.allandalevet.com/). They are really great there. There's a vet on Yonge, but I've never been to them. I went to Molson Park Vet Clinic, but I just didn't feel like I had a great relationship with them. Maybe they're really good, I don't know, it was just a "feeling" I got.

Welcome to the neighbourhood! :highfive:

anniebananie
September 18th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Yayeeeeeeeeee - someone who lives in the Barrie area. We are moving to the East End - Napier Street - but your suggestion seems like one to check out. I have two quite elderly JR's, one of which has a thyroid problem - and three cats - two very elderly, at 14 years old. And of course I have my Peter Pan cat who is 8 - but thinks he's 2 and NEVER shuts up. This move is going to prove very interesting for us all :p I can just see the cats running around the garage (which is bigger than the house) until we get them sorted out. :rolleyes: :eek:

Anne

Writing4Fun
September 19th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Wow, Annie. You're waaayyyyy up north. :D Actually, you're right close to the emergency animal clinic. I don't know if there are any great vets in your area. The only time I make it up to your neck of the woods is when I have to go to the hospital, which thankfully isn't that often. :p

When we moved here from Quebec, we brought our animals right along with us. The night before taking posession, we stayed at the Quality Inn in Newmarket, because they allow pets. :thumbs up The day of the move, we asked the movers to put all of the master bedroom furniture in first, and then we locked the cat in there while they moved the rest of the house in. Murphy went straight into the yard and spent the day sniffing out every piece of leftover poo. :p After the movers left, Brooklyn (the cat) spent two days hiding under the sofa. Eventually, though, he came out and started exploring, and was fine afterwards.

gdamadg
September 19th, 2005, 09:56 AM
My gf's parents live there, and I have been there quite a few times. Beautiful city. I found a link that might help you with your move.

Canada Relocation (http://www.relocatecanada.com/barrie/index.html)

monkey04
September 21st, 2005, 10:39 AM
Hey there,

I don't live in Barrie anymore, I'm up in Wasaga Beach now, but I was born/raised there and know Napier St. well as I used to live off of Johnson St.
Yes, there is an animal hospital just down the road from you.
I've heard good things about the Allandale Vet Clinic that was mentioned. A friend used to work there and she told me it was clean, respectable, etc etc.
We always went to the Barrie Animal Hospital on Dunlop St. West, it's just past the 400 and I always really liked them there. They were really friendly and calm with the animals. That's where we had our Taffy put down.
Anyway, hope this helps, good luck with your move!

anniebananie
September 21st, 2005, 11:02 AM
Thank you for all your help everyone. :) I have made final arrangements with our Vet's clinic here in Kincardine. By the time we pick up the cats on Thursday morning they will have been tranquilized for the journey - plus all their notes will have been photo copied ready for me to take with us. The vet suggested tranquilizing the cats as any journey in the car or van stresses them out to much - especially my *durh* brained cat. We tried it yesterday and he was a total basket case by the time the vet saw him - his heart rate was very very high and his fur was falling out in clumps - and that was after a 7 minute drive to the clinic. Gawd knows what he'd be like after 3 hours of travelling. The other two were shedding - but the noise was unbearable from them. They are 1/2 siamese. Only another week to go b4 we have the rest of the furniture picked up - how I hate moving :mad:

Anne