Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

'Katrina' Rotti Rescuer suggest BSL at the Top.

Akeeter
September 16th, 2005, 12:44 AM
She may well be correct in thinking that some 'animal welfare'? :yuck:
orgs have subverted the process of companion animal rescue in New
Orleans. Some of these groups have openly advocated for BSL, extinction of Certain Breeds & Types of dog, & some for elimination of all dogs over 40 lbs.

It could also be true that there is a perceived 'dog population'
or 'dog bite' problem in N.O. & some politicians/bureaucrats have
decided to handle it by killing dogs. -Like that ever works.

(The Boudreaux dog yard raid & recent raids on other people
breeding dogs for possible pit fighting in Lafayette & other areas
near to N.O. suggest that this culture is still alive & well in S.
Louisiana. The U.S. Ferderal Gov. was involved with local authorities in the Boudreaux raid.)

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:22:03 -0400

*** Please crosspost. ***

I'm glad someone is finally speaking the truth, there have been
similar posts followed by an information "chill" which I presume
certain organizations are inflicting. IMHO, if an animal survived
11 days it would continue to survive, so don't believe the "too sick
and must be euthanized" baloney you'll hear from organizations.
Last I heard (before the following), they were euth'ing 150 animals
(dogs and cats) a day.

Certain organizations are using the New Orleans animals for their
own purposes and agenda - that being the end of companion animal
ownership. Look to see how much of their money these organizations
actually expend on animal rescue. Look to see if they actually run
one or more shelters. Look to see how much money they spend on
administrative costs, lobbying, salaries. Investigate before you
donate.

================================================== ==================

Jan Cooper has given explicit permission to cross post this message
-----
> From: jan cooper
> > Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:20:26 -0700 (PDT)
> > Subject: [BSLROUNDTABLE] Re: URGENT MESSAGE, FROM JAN
> Okay....here is the skinny, when I talked to my daughter last
night I was
> devastated...I still am...

> Yesterday morning we, being the ARC parent club of the Rottweiler
breed, had
> received permission to remove the Rottwelers in the Gonzales
facility. We
> were preparing to transport the dogs to various locations to be
held by
> fosters until the owners could be reunited with them and then
making
> arrangements with various rescue groups for spay/neutering,
chipping etc and
> adopting them after a temperament evaluation. This is/was a
passion filled
> humanitarian effort by many, many people across the country...
Late last
> night I got the notice that between the HSUS, SPCA and Humany
Society they had
> changed their minds and were not going to let the American
Rottweiler Club
> representatives to move the dogs. Only 19 of the 60+ had been
released at
> that time. Also it was stated that they were in the process of
euthanizing
> pit bulls.

> People I am not interested in any BS or controversial notes over
this subject,
> because I do not have time to read them or respond. If you have
problems
> believing this, that is your problem.

> Our group has one singular focus....save the Rottweilers that have
been
> rescued and attempt to get them returned to their rightful
owners!! Nothing
> more, nothing less.

> Without naming names, there are organizations that STILL advocate
NO PET
> OWNERSHIP and there are apparently privately owned dogs that HAVE
been
> PTS....this is the facts folks...you accept it and do something
about it...or
> you reject it and do nothing....the choice is yours. Frankly I
choose to do
> everything I can do for MY breed, what about YOURS?

> I am now off to contact any all officials/media that will listen..

LavenderRott
September 16th, 2005, 05:57 AM
I am greatly saddened but not surprised by this. I am willing to bet that PETA is right there holding the suringes and supplying the medication.

Well, I am sick and was planning on staying in bed most of the day. Looks like I will be writing letters instead.

twodogsandacat
September 16th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Here is a link to a National Guard troops rescue of a black dog
http://dynamic.cnn.com/apps/tp/video/us/2005/09/16/zahn.dog.rescue.cnn/video.ws.asx?NGUserID=aa54a11-26340-1126094252-1&adDEmas ....a sad note regarding pit bulls as this story is shown. Trying to emphazize the danger to the troops performing this rescue they tell of a Colonel's comment where he said that pit bulls left behind by their owners are forming packs and attacking his National Guard troops. In reality many dogs are forming packs and approaching humans for food. Maybe a pack of pit bulls are intimidating to NG troops as they would be to me too but I hate that comments like this make it into the news. :sad:

Of course if they are forming packs then it would suggest that pit bulls can get along with other dogs. Pits are being saved as the list of animals being held at Gonzales confirms :thumbs up http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=1&pet.Shelterid=LA154&stat=H&preview=1

babyrocky1
September 16th, 2005, 04:47 PM
I just can't take this $hit anymore! I dont even have any ideas on how to fight this one! I would love to find out what protest PETA does next so we could picket THEM but that would be drawing attention to the fact? that "animal welfare" organizations are also in favour of BSL, Which is how it was written in an article I read somewhere and you know thats how it wouod come across in our papers. Unless theyre down there killing all sorts of dogs :sad: :confused: :sad:

babyrocky1
September 16th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Do we know of any pit bull rescues down there? My friend is getting involved through the buffalo pug rescue and I think theyre going to be trying to bring up all breeds. Im thinking of fostering.

babyrocky1
September 16th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Peta has just got to be exposed this is sick! Maybe someone could put a form letter together and we could start a writing campaign to all of there celeb supporters. Iknow there are people here with lots of expertise about the organization and the major players in it. I certainly had no idea until I came here that PETA would be for killing pets! I probably would haave donated to them, maybe even have :eek:

Roxy's_MA
September 16th, 2005, 05:44 PM
You mean PETA is calling for BSL. The Same organization that was harassing a resturaunt in Calgary for having feeder fish for their large fish. I am stunned. I was never a supporter of PETA, because I find them to extreme, but doesn't BSL go against everything they are suppose to stand for.

babyrocky1
September 16th, 2005, 05:53 PM
There have been alot of discussions as well as quotes from the pres of Peta on this board, thats the only r eason Iknow about it. Il try and find the posts on the subject and update them for you.

LavenderRott
September 16th, 2005, 06:29 PM
You mean PETA is calling for BSL. The Same organization that was harassing a resturaunt in Calgary for having feeder fish for their large fish. I am stunned. I was never a supporter of PETA, because I find them to extreme, but doesn't BSL go against everything they are suppose to stand for.

If you read the PETA propaganda carefully, you will see that they are against human/animal interaction. They couch it in fine sounding phrases like "using animals for human entertainment" but it all boils down to one thing - the end of civilization as we know it. That may sound a bit extreme but think about it - humanes depend on animals for many things food and companionship being the most obvious. PETA thinks that everyone should be vegan and not have a pet. This most certainly changes most peoples lives in a vast way! For those of us that love our pets and eat meat - it IS the end of civilization as we know it!

Akeeter
September 26th, 2005, 09:08 AM
but that the larger & in some cases dominant breeds are 'The Most Abused' so the solution (maybe Final Solution might be a better term) is to eliminate them.

Pit fighting dogs, chained junk yard dogs, large dogs left outside for years are what these groups use as excuses for eliminating large dogs/breeds. Instead of educating people about what is a Real Life for an animal & going for changes to laws for humane treatment of animals, they would rather go with eliminating large dogs. (Talk about blaming the victims! :eek: )

(So who says idiots won't leave their Beagles & Poms outside when it's 30 below? There are enough stupid people who do that to their 8 pound cats.)