Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pictures of my brother's burnt apartment...

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 06:31 PM
I got pictures from my dad today... They were allowed to go back up to see if there was anything to salvage...

Here's the kitchen I think...

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Another......
This is the living room, with the door to the balcony in the front of the building... (I just figured out what room it was... :) )

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Here's the bedroom where they were able to salvage some clothes- but then they washed them and can't get the stink out... :(

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I'm losing track of which ones I've posted... :eek:

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 06:34 PM
The outside...

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 06:35 PM
K, last one... I just think it's crazy looking at where my bro lived all burnt up... :(
Hallway on the 5th floor- my bro's on the 6th...

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Sorry one more- this one you see the shadows of the stuff the not so friendly people took off the dresser...

Dog Dancer
September 15th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Prin, those are scary pictures for sure. Hard to look at and think what could have happened :eek: Thank goodness for the dogs. I hope they are getting re-estabished and will be able to do so without too much stress on themselves or the dogs. They're in my thoughts and prayers.

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Yes, they got an apartment yesterday and moved in last night- with doggies allowed!! :highfive:

Roxy's_MA
September 15th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Wow, I am speechless about those pictures. I am glad to hear that you brother and his dogs found a place to live.

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks. I'm glad too. His doggies saved them and they deserve a great home. :)

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Here's another...

I find this one scary. Not so romantic version of a French door... :eek:

BMDLuver
September 16th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Wow Prin, that's pretty unnerving to look at. They are very luck to all be safe. :thumbs up Glad they found an apartment.

Catt31
September 16th, 2005, 08:42 AM
OMG PRin!!! How horrifying to think that something like that could happen to a loved one!! Thank God they got out & that all are safe (doggies & them) That was the scariest thing for me living in an apt. building - I worried ALL the time!!! Thank God we moved out of there!!! I'm glad your bro, his gf, & dogs are safe - are they getting assistance from anywhere? Is there something we can do to help? Let me know!!!

Prin
September 16th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Well, Sun Youth has offered them clothes, and food, and my dad's trying to help them get a mattress from somewhere... His new landlord is lending him all the appliances. I think they're ok for now, but I'll kepp you all posted. :)

As for living in an apartment Catt, I know what you mean. We lived above a restaurant for 4 years and were not able to get insurance. I called EVERYwhere and nobody would insure us. On top of that, new people bought the restaurant and lived upstairs too and they had 4 pretty major fires within 6 months of moving in. :eek: We were pretty much dissociated with our stuff. We never thought we'd make it out of there with everything. :)

And then here's my bro who was totally unprepared. He didn't see it coming at all. Some dude came home drunk one day, fell asleep and burned everything down. :rolleyes:

Prin
September 16th, 2005, 12:49 PM
By the way, if anybody wants to use this story to tell people the greatness of pitties, that's great. (For those of you who didn't read the original thread, my brothers 2 pitbulls were scratching at the door and crying really loudly, which woke up my brother's girlfriend and then she saw the smoke...)