Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What kind of mouse is the best?

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 01:33 PM
I hate my mouse! It's one of those laser ones and when your hands are too hot or too cold, the mouse skips all over the screen. I usually end up closing the window by accident. :rolleyes:

We talked about keyboards before, how about mice?

I used to have a HUGE crayola one with a ball that was about 15cm in diameter that you rolled around and it had two huge buttons... The only problem was you had to use two hands...

What mouse do you use and what mouse is the best kind? :)

StaceyB
September 15th, 2005, 01:40 PM
My laptop mouse does that all the time, skips back several pages or the pointer starts zipping around the screen or won't move. The worst is when I am trying to send out long emails. I have to save after each paragraph or I lose everything when it clicks back. My husband had the cordless laser mouse for the desktop and hated it. He went back to a regular mouse.

Roxy's_MA
September 15th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I prefer the optical mouse (I think it is same a laser) I just find the tracks for the ball on the regular mouse can get dirty and then I always have to clean it. I have never had any jumping around my screen with my mouse.

Rick C
September 15th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I hate my mouse! It's one of those laser ones and when your hands are too hot or too cold, the mouse skips all over the screen. I usually end up closing the window by accident. :rolleyes:

We talked about keyboards before, how about mice?

I used to have a HUGE crayola one with a ball that was about 15cm in diameter that you rolled around and it had two huge buttons... The only problem was you had to use two hands...

What mouse do you use and what mouse is the best kind? :)

I am so far removed from being a computer expert its not even funny BUT . . . . . I'm sitting here in my office using a laser mouse.

It was giving me all sorts of problems when using it on my desk organizer pad . . . . so I moved it a few inches to the right to use it on the plain surface of the desk and the difference was magical.

In other words, it might simply be the surface you're using it on.

Also, if your cursor is jumping on its own I think you might have problems other than the mousey kind . . . . someone more learned might explain that one to you. Anytime that's happened to me it usually means something other than a mouse problem.

Again, don't take any of the above for more than it is . . . . a layman sticking his nose in.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Puppyluv
September 15th, 2005, 02:18 PM
My brother, the ultimate computer geek (don't even try and say you are/know someone who's more of one than him, because you're wrong :D ) swears by the Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 5000 and the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse (the second one is simply smaller than the first). I have the former, and love it. Microsoft in general makes really good mice, and you can take a little "test" to see what one is best for you:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/default.mspx
click on "I want a mouse" and then "Go"

Or if you simply want a really cute mouse:
http://us.st7.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/directron_1862_185963164

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 03:42 PM
What's the difference between optical and laser? Which is better?

Puppyluv, is it this one? The notebook one?
http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10285794&whse=&topnav=&cat=1374&hierPath=84*1374*

Puppyluv
September 15th, 2005, 07:22 PM
the diff? not a clue... maybe hjust the name :p
Yup that's the notebook one. it's a nice size too, not stupid-small and not honkin-huge

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 10:05 PM
hee hee "honkin' huge"... never heard that before... :D

lilith_rizel
September 16th, 2005, 12:59 AM
You want to know what kind of mice I like the best........... a live one..... :p Seriously, I love mice....

Anyways, James and I have 2 laser mice, one for his laptop and one for the desktop, and we HATE them.... we just haven't got normal ones yet...... But with the normal ones, sometimes tey don't work the best either, once they get older, the ball doesn't move as well!

StaceyB
September 16th, 2005, 01:17 AM
We now have the plug in mouse for the desk top that doesn't have the ball.

Prin
September 16th, 2005, 12:50 PM
You would think that there would be lots and lots of money out there to be had by a person who invents the first flawless mouse... :D

Puppyluv
September 16th, 2005, 02:31 PM
but then there'd be no market for new mice, and that means no opportunities to make more money for more features :evil:

Prin
September 16th, 2005, 04:21 PM
So then just price it at $600 and that pretty much covers the price of all the mice a normal person would probably buy in their lifetime... :D

mafiaprincess
September 16th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I have a logitech optical mouse that is wired.

Had it 5ish years now without a problem no matter how hot or cold my hands get. Doesn't work on reflective surfaces though.. That seems to be the cause of many people's difficulties. Many desks being varnished reflecting the beam back into the mouse..

In that case you need something as simple as a piece of paper to put your mouse on..

april21h1
September 16th, 2005, 05:29 PM
I got the mircosoft optical mouse about 2 weeks ago and I love it. It works better than the ordinary mouses I have used in the past. I might have to get one for bf computer so he wont steal this one. :rolleyes: