Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Littermates

Roxy's_MA
September 15th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Such a small world. Last month I was at a racing event for JRT's. I met a lady and started chatting about how our dogs look very similar, we got to talking more and realized they were littermates. Roxy's brother was the only one to beat her in the hurdle and flat races that day. there mother is a champion in AB right now for racing.

Roxy's_MA
September 15th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Another of Brother and Sister

BeagleMum
September 15th, 2005, 12:58 PM
That's awesome. We actually met Spencer's litter mate at the pet store one day.

Roxy's_MA
September 15th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I can definetly see the resmblence, they almost look like twins.

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Such cuties! (what's up with the ear Roxy's Ma? Is it just flipped up, or is it just like that? Cutie either way, I'm just curious...)

Roxy's_MA
September 15th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I recall it was really windy that day. I think it just blew up. Her ears don't normally sit like that. One of her ears is kinda of lopsided sometimes. I noticed when she was just a pup.

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Oooh I love it when they're not perfect! More personality and uniqueness. :love:

BeagleMum
September 15th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Then you must love Spencer's half a tail. That's why we picked him, because he was different.

Roxy's_MA
September 15th, 2005, 04:25 PM
I never noticed spencer half tail in any of the pictures. I also chose Roxy because she was different. In the JRT's standard it is not favorable to have as much brown a Roxy does, although she technically still fits the breed standard. I thought maybe no one would pick her because of all her color. I am so glad I decided on her, I never looked back.

Roxy's_MA
September 15th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Was Spencer born with a shorter tail or did something happen to him? ... just curious.

chico2
September 15th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Talking about JRT's here is my sons little fire-ball Kita,my grand-doggy :D

Roxy's_MA
September 15th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I love him!! The long haired ones are so cool :cool: It is nice to other people with same fondness for such a crazy breed! I bet he keeps you entertained when you visit your son.

Roxy's_MA
September 15th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I grew up with 2 JRT's. This was our long-haired one named Pepper... she passed away last summer from cancer. :sad: I still miss them

chico2
September 16th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Kita is now about 5yrs old,she has quieted down a lot...she's a regular love-bug,gets along with everyone and not afraid of anything.
However as a pup(without a crate)she practically ate my sons condo,carpets,table-legs,kitchendoors etc..etc...
She knows grandma always has goodies for her,so I always get lots of kisses :crazy: Here's another pic..

BeagleMum
September 16th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Was Spencer born with a shorter tail or did something happen to him? ... just curious.

When Spencer was at the "Breeder" they were keeping them in a heated outdoor pen. One night through the night, he got outside to the area where the mother was able to go to the washroom and his tail froze. The tip of it fell off the day before we got him. You can see it a bit in this picture.