Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

blood in poop

KimmieLou124
September 13th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Before I begin, I am calling the vet in the morning to get her in for a blood test, I'm just posting because I want to see if anyone has experienced this or has any idea about the causes.

I have two kittens that are almost six months old. They have had a series of health problems since I got them, beginning with Feline Respitory Infections to Collitis. Both kittens were treated for both and I changed their diets to "Wellness Kitten Brand", which if you haven't heard of it before, it is all natural. One kitten is perfectly fine now, but the other one, since treatment, developed a case of diarrhea. I got that treated with an antibiotic and that was curred, but now her diarrhea is back, off and on, as well as blood in the stool (They've had it before, that is why they were treated for collitis. The vet said a little at the end is fine, so I've been going by that). I just watched her go to the bathroom so that I could clean it up immediately, and I noticed that the first thing that came out was a drop of bloody-mucus looking stuff. Then came the stool that wasn't diarrhea. It was a soft stool, but it was coated in blood. Once she was through pooping, she was still there squeezing and more drops of blood mucus dropped. She's always had the problem with not fulling going and leaving some on her butt, so I have developed the habit of wiping it, but this time, I had to wipe it three times. I understand that this can be deadly, and I'm getting it taken care of immediately. I just would like to know that I've gotten them treated for collitis, I've gotten the medication that coats the intestinal tract to not inflame it. I'm at a loss for words and worried about my baby. If it makes a difference, she does not act any differently. Does not act sick, does not act like she's hurting, does not just lay around. She is constantly playing with her sister. Thanks so much for ya'lls help!

BMDLuver
September 14th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Could be giardia. A fecal test will determine the case if it's that. Could also be a recurrence of the collitus.