Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help, looking for English Bulldog breeder in ON

Kim2005
September 12th, 2005, 09:49 AM
;) Hello!! Im looking for an English Bulldog breeder in ON, I live in Orillia. I am willing to drive if I have to. My husband and I are looking for an English Bulldog and arent having much luck.
Does anyone have any info???

Thanks Kim

raingirl
September 12th, 2005, 12:56 PM
I'll see if I can help. I waited 6 months for a rescue bulldog. Have you considered a rescue? Much cheaper than buying from a breeder.

There are 2 reputable breeders that I would recommend. The first is Westerbury Bulldogs in London Ontario. She has a couple champions she breeds. The second is Comepatabull Bulldogs (www.comepatabull.com). She has had MANY champtions and breeds them, but she also runs a bulldog rescue program, for bulldogs that have been found or given up from their owners. If I was buying from a breeder, I would probably buy from the latter.

There is a woman by the name of Joan Weston who runs a bulldog rescue, which is where we got our boy from. In the last year she has have about 4 or 5 rescue dogs come through her that i know of. THe number i have is 519-927-9856 or email at phoofle_snort@hotmail.com.

If you might be interested in a rescue bulldog, contact both Joan Weston and Comepatabull (Gail Neilson) and get on the waiting list.

Dogastrophe
September 12th, 2005, 01:11 PM
There is a 20-mos female bulldog avail for adoption in NS (http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5017217&adTarget=&SessionID=4325c3b430dc499d-app1&display=&preview=1&row=50&tmpl=&stat=). They claim that she is fearful of men (likely that her present/prior owner caused this 'fear'), however, I've experienced many cases of shelter dogs who were listed as fearful of men who quickly warmed up (5 to 10 mins) to me. Little love and a few treats goes a long way.

BMDLuver
September 12th, 2005, 01:32 PM
http://www.englishbulldogs.ca/bccc/

Contact the person on this site. They will be able to help you find a reputable breeder in Ontario. Be careful, I know of one not at all reputable breeder. :sad:

raingirl
September 12th, 2005, 01:36 PM
OMG she is GORGEOUS! Too bad we have a male already. I would take her in a sec.

LuvMyBullie
September 13th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Raingirl
I was thinking the same thing. I hope she finds a wonderful forever home