Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dusty 0 - Toad 1! - Dusty vs the Toad

Jazz&Cricket
September 12th, 2005, 08:10 AM
After listening to Dusty carry on barking, I went to see what was up. (We've had skunks in the fields, so I thought I should check) Dusty had decided to play with a toad in our backyard. Needless to say, he looked like Cujo when I finally got him in the house. After wiping his face, etc. I was really at a loss as to what else I should have done. I finally put him the bathtub and hosed his face and mouth as best I could. BTW, he did not kill the toad...
Was there a thread here about how to treat a dog/toad altercation? THANKFULLY, we don't have those horrible CANE toads, which are true killer toads...this is just your garden variety toad, helpful with bugs!

jessi76
September 12th, 2005, 10:28 AM
lol... my pup had an encounter with a stink bug this weekend. He found it on the kitchen floor, and figured he'd get it, since the cats were avoiding it... ummm... stink-bug - 1, Tucker - 0. He had rotten banana breath, and ran around with his tounge out like "get this taste out! blech!". after a good wiping, and a scoop of peanut butter followed by water he was fine.