Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Urgent

justncase
September 11th, 2005, 06:42 PM
This was found on another site .

"Rescuers are being turned away in some parts of Louisiana. Reporters are telling us that when all is quiet, all they can hear are the yoweling and crying of dogs and cats that are trapped inside homes starving and scared out of their minds. Please help on Monday!! The plan for MondayMONDAYS PROMISE 1000 CALLS TO THE WHITE HOUSE,MONDAY9/12Comments:202-456-1111......Switchboard:202-456-1414....FAX:202-456-2461.......comments@whitehouse.gov I was told by someone in Homeland Security yesterday, that believe it or not, the way to get this solved is to have 1000 people call the White House to demand that the military go in and save these animals. Now that they have evacuated so many humans, its TIME, NOW, to save their best friends. The death toll of humans is much lower than expected, but not evacuating the pets has made the animal death toll unimaginable. AMERICA DOES NOT ABANDON IT'S PETS WHILE WATCHING THEM SUFFER A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH. This is cruelty to animals, which humans caused by leaving them, then not rescuing them, NOW HUMANS MUST SAVE THEM. FLOODING THE WHITE HOUSE WITH CALLS ON MONDAY WILL GUARANTEE a call from the White House to the field to save the animals. SPREAD THE WORD and thank you for standing up for the animals. You have saved many so far,and,manytocome!cassm07@aol.com for suggestions on how to get this out on forums and chat rooms today, tomorrow and until every pet comes home..."

Luvmypit
September 12th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Can canadians call cause the guy asked what state I was from. I never knew you could call the whitehouse MU HA HA HA HA HA HA
j/k

melanie
September 12th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Ghandi once said 'the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'

i think that speaks volumes

Prin
September 12th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Ghandi once said 'the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'

i think that speaks volumes
LOL Funny because it's in Luvmypit's signature right above your post... :D

melanie
September 13th, 2005, 04:30 PM
lol im so unobservant, its a great saying though.... good one luvmypit :D

doggy lover
September 13th, 2005, 04:50 PM
I just can't beleive that they can sit there and let these poor animals die. It sickens me, they saved the people now get on with the other helpless victims. How many :angel: 's will be crossing the rainbow bridge by the end of this?

chico2
September 13th, 2005, 04:54 PM
all they can hear are the yoweling and crying of dogs and cats that are trapped inside homes starving and scared :sad:

I am sorry this is just too horrific even to contemplate,the truest words came from Ghandi,something has to be done to save these poor animals,thousands of $$$ have been collected to do just that and they better,before they are starting spraying insectisides like planned,
What can we do about it???

Luvmypit
September 14th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks Heido!

Ya its a good saying and its very true.

Honest to God. This whole thing has traumatized me. I am afraid to turn on CNN. I cannot look at these dogs wading in water, desperate, hungry and confused.

I just think of capone out there and oh god I can't even wrap my head around it and honestly I don't want to think about it.

I understood the first couple of days, yes get the humans out. But for crying out loud I see boats pass probably the same dog over and over. I honetsly think the government dropped the ball on this one too. Its barbaric really.

Someone needs to make the connection from "just" dogs to peoples family. They have lost EVERYTHING and now no one will save their living a breathing animal. I don't get it and I don't see how anyone can argue that they should be left on roofs and porches. To me its a disgrace and I feel so helpless. It has caused a lot of sleepless nights. I can cry at any moment just thinking about it.

chico2
September 14th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Luvmypit,I feel the same way,I cannot watch CNN anymore,if I see just one dog,it will not leave my head. :sad:
In another thread,I read that SPCA and others have permission to go in to houses and rescue animals,even one group from BC Canada.
Hopefully this is true :fingerscr
We are supposed to be a civilized society,to let any living being,die of starvation or drowning is just simply a disgrace....whether it's a human or a defenseless animal.