Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What is your least favorite cleaning job?

raingirl
September 11th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Mine is the "pre-cleaning". I don't mind actually cleaning things, but I hate having to move stuff to clean. Like, I hate having all the soaps and shampoos on the ledges in the tub, then I have to move them all somewhere while I clean, then move them back. When vacuming, I have to move everything off the carpet. Same with countertops and cabinets, etc.

Prin
September 11th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Apparently people like doing dishes... :D I hate vacuuming (I'd rather sweep) and I hate having to clean before I cook. Like you do dishes, then cook then do dishes.... Vicious circle.

Puppyluv
September 11th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I detest cleaning my bathtub. Probably because it's huge and deep, but there is no shower head hose-y thing, and the tap is in the corner of the tub, so it is near impossible to clean it without going insane :evil:

love my dogs
September 11th, 2005, 06:30 PM
well, since toilet was not an option, I'd have to say bathtub!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 11th, 2005, 07:08 PM
For me first of all is all the kids toys, that are in a million tiny pieces they never seem to get picked up, and I especially cannot stand those Mcdonalds toys I go through house every six months and take them all to the salvation army or sometimes I even throw them out.

Then its the laundry I dont mind washing and drying but its the folding and putting away that I hate so of course I leave it then there is a huge pile of it.

Lastly it would be my husbands shoes and socks that are all over the house it drives me crazy. :crazy:

My favorite cleaning job is actually the bathroom because I like the way it smells when I am done. :)

Cinnabear
September 12th, 2005, 12:40 AM
What happened to all of the above. I detest all cleaning. LOL.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 12th, 2005, 07:14 AM
My neighbours loves cleaning. They even sweep and hose off the road in front of their house.

shannonRN
September 12th, 2005, 09:32 AM
My least favorite cleaning job is, uh, cleaning. Period. But by the looks of my floors lately, vacuuming tops the list. To confuse you, I chose dishwashing though, because washing dishes bites the big one. Thank god they make machines for that sort of thing.

jjgeonerd
September 12th, 2005, 10:28 AM
bathtubs/showers suck. I always tried to convince my mom that washing them was pointless since the whole purpose of them was to get clean. She didn't buy my logic. :rolleyes:

Writing4Fun
September 12th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I was also looking for the "all of the above" option. I am so not a domestic diva! But, if I have to choose just one, I'd say it's the moving stuff to clean/picking up toys, etc... I'm with you, Joey. The McDonald's marketing genius who comes up with these rediculous toys each month should, IMHO, be taken out and beaten repeatedly with a rubber hose. Same for the idiot who came up with the whole KinderEgg idea. :evil:

nymph
September 12th, 2005, 02:39 PM
I hate washing my bathtub! I've got a roman tub that's huge an deep. I use the after shower spray after each shower to minimize actual cleaning.

Jazz&Cricket
September 12th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I need all of the above!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask me where I'd rather be....shovelling manure in a horse barn or cleaning my house.........I pick the horse barn ;)
Now, if I only had a horse :)
If I must pick...putting away the laundry!

debanneball
September 12th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I checked the poll, but my most least favorite is cleaning the toilet,
the floor around the toilet, the seat...shall I go on.... :sorry:

Writing4Fun
September 12th, 2005, 08:48 PM
LOL! Are you trying to potty-train a 2yr old too? :D

shannonRN
September 13th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Can anyone explain how the percentages are calculated on these polls? Unless Canadian math is drastically different from American math, those numbers just don't add up for me. :confused:

Dogastrophe
September 13th, 2005, 07:20 AM
I believe that, in this case, the percentages are based on the number of ppl who voted and not the number of responses (at this writing there were 17 voters and 54 diff responses). As this was a multiple choice and not a 'choose one' poll, you can choose all of the options available. So, for the "pre-cleaning" option, of 17 ppl, 10 chose this, which equals ~58%.

I chose all of the options because I hate cleaning. I hate doing dishes, cleaning floors, tubs, etc. Unfortunately, with the three dogs it is an ongoing chore cleaning up after them (dust vac gets a good workout cleaning hair off the floors).

Prin
September 13th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I hope none of the companies we hate use this poll for market research... :eek:

Look out for a new bathtub cleaning gizmo in the coming weeks...

doggy lover
September 13th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Well tolits are my hate, especially if men sprinkle on them :eek: . But you didn't have that so my next it the tub.

heidiho
September 13th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Taking Out The Trash,not Sure What Is So Bothersome About Walking To The Garbage Can,but For Some Reason I Hate Doing It.

Sunkist/Winnie
September 14th, 2005, 07:48 AM
My choice isn't there - it's cleaning up after other people, who don't make the slightest effort in reducing the mess they make :mad: ! Who made me their maid?!

Next choice is dishes - the never ending chore.

debanneball
September 14th, 2005, 07:58 AM
That's one of my peeves too. When I was first married, I disliked picking up after my husband, who would toss clothes here, there, leave things in the wrong place. Make a disaster in the kitchen....so, I went on strike. I didn't pick up after him, I didn't clean the kitchen, I wouldn't make a meal. The apartment got so bad, I :evil: freaked... We talked, now, many moons later, my husband vaccums, does laundry, cooks; he helps a lot.

Sunkist/Winnie
September 14th, 2005, 08:12 AM
I tried the stirke thing - his tolerance is 100 times higher than mine. He does do some stuff around the house, as long as I remind him to do them, but when I do he acts like he was just going to do it and that I didn't need to remind him. Which is a load of something stinky!

jessi76
September 14th, 2005, 08:56 AM
I think my biggest cleaning issue is my bf's socks. omg, the toxic socks from hell. If I have to touch them, to get them into the wash, or into a hamper, or off a floor, I lose it.... instant gagging, heaving, running for my life. I can't handle the stench. I've actually thrown ALOT away, cause I refuse to deal with them.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 14th, 2005, 12:08 PM
and then there are those that make it a career. :)
Add that actually appeared in our local paper yesterday. I am not kidding it was on the news I noticed it was removed from todays paper.

King Phillips Topless Housecleaning
Allow our beautiful women to shine up your home topless!!

Always Hiring.
Anytime #

SpanielLuver
September 14th, 2005, 02:13 PM
I looked at the list and personally I hate it all, its hard to pick which I dislike the most. You spend all that time cleaning and turn around a few hours later and wonder what the heck did I waste my time for. If I have to pick one I would say cleaning the bath tub. Where we live we have a lot of iron in the water that stains the tub and if you leave it too long (a few days) it starts to stain brown, yuk. But I found this great new product Kaboom at Canadian Tire, just spray it on and it dissolves it, I actually enjoyed cleaning the tub the other day watching it all just fade away with out any effort. Now if hubby would just install the water softner thats been downstairs since April, I could replace this as the least liked job with another. :)

Roxy's_MA
September 14th, 2005, 02:45 PM
SpanielLuver,

I have the same problem, I use well water and it stains the tub. I am going to try Kaboom. I hope next time I scrub the tub I won't mind it either.

Byrd
September 14th, 2005, 03:44 PM
None of the above..... dusting is my least favourite.

SpanielLuver
September 15th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Roxy's MA

Great product, even smells good. Also try Iron-Out also from Canadian Tire for the bottom of the bowl in the toilet where the spay doesnt work well. Put it in when you go to bed and in the morning rust stains are gone.
Good luck.

Sunkist/Winnie
September 15th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Iron-out works fabulous! Just be careful of the fumes. Home Depot did have the best price the last time I checked.