Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Psycho behaivior when Joey gets wet

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 10th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I have noticed something about Joey. it is probably just one of his little quirks. I was wondering if anyone has experience anything similar.

Everytime Joey has gotten wet, whether its from a bath, in a creek, or from the rain. He comes home and has to go beserk for about 5 minutes or so. He tears full speed around the house, growling barking and basically going crazy. He actually ran straight into me coming around the corner. Then he wiped out on our pseudowood kitchen floor and went sliding across it. Is this some sort of primal behavior, is he trying to dry himself off by running around.

Could it be my dog is a little crazy. :p :crazy:

BeagleMum
September 10th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Spencer is the exact same way, I call it the zoomies. He will run like crazy after a bath for about 5 minutes. :crazy:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 10th, 2005, 09:25 PM
So it is normal thats good. Now he is exhausted and sleeping like a baby.

StaceyB
September 10th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I think they all do it.

Lissa
September 10th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Dodger does this everytime he comes back from a walk - whether or not he has gotten wet!! :)

Usually if he gets wet he likes to flop around on the carpet before running around like a possessed dog! He does numerous rounds and his specialty is the flying 5 stair leap from the landing, over the tiles to the next carpeted area!

Could you imagine coming around the corner with 70lbs of "flying dog" hurling towards you :crazy: !!!

Oh well, its crazy but seems necessary :rolleyes: !!!

Prin
September 10th, 2005, 09:57 PM
LOL If I attempt to wet Boo, he goes nuts. He runs around ripping up any cardboard he can find...

Raingirl's Odin gets the zoomies too...

her122
September 11th, 2005, 08:53 AM
We joke that Ocean is like one of those gremlins (you know from the movie), you don't get her wet or feed her after midnite. hehehe :)

twodogsandacat
September 11th, 2005, 09:28 AM
This always follows bath time for one of my dogs. He also can stand the cold extremely well for a short coated dog but once we come back inside on a cold (Canadian cold) day he does the same thing.

I donít know if it's the cold or the wet but he's one of the last dogs out of the water in fall and one of the first ones back in come spring.

Itís almost like heís a bundle of energy that is activated by cold or wet.

Nice to know he's normal.

Sadie's Mom
September 11th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Awww, Sadie does it too! After her bath. It's hysterical. She runs and rolls and grunts. It's the only time she acts like that too. I love it. ;)

Puppyluv
September 11th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Yup Layla does it too. She loves the water too, so it happens after almost every walk (because she'll go swimming everytime) but she gets the "zoomies" the worst after running in heavy rain. She'll run from the front door diagonally across three rooms into her crate and back to the front door about 10 times. It's soooo funny :D

glasslass
September 11th, 2005, 11:22 PM
We call it "having a happy"! Den-Den does this right after a bath and just before he jumps up on our bed and burrows into the down comforter and pillows! He also "has a happy" when hubby rolls him over onto his back and gives him a loud raspberry on his tummy. With his head held high and his rear end tucked in as he races around, he looks like a jack rabbit! :D