Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Off to New Orleans/ Baton Rouge

CyberKitten
September 8th, 2005, 03:53 PM
I posted earlier that I leave tomorrow for La but everyone was so involved in debating who is to blame for the situation that no one either noticed or cares. Maybe that is what happened in La - everyone was so wrapped up in their own world that no one took note of the disaster until it was too late. I found that interesting tho - no reflection on anyone, just the debate over politics (as is happening among politicians in the US now) seems almost morer important than noticing individual concerns or needs. It is almost worth a sociological study, lol

Anyway - I am off tomorrow morning. YY and the Sphynx girls have a sitter who has already moved in to care for them in my absence - bye for now!

I had to add this cute little Katrina refugee:

Jackie467
September 8th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Sorry I missed it and good luck.

I'm going to be competely honest. I DO NOT mean this in a bad way AT ALL. I love your posts but they are often too long for me to read so I tend to skim and I sometimes miss things like that.

that kitten is so cute!

CyberKitten
September 8th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Not a prob Jackie - I know I tend to be too long winded, lol Thanks!!

chico2
September 8th, 2005, 04:26 PM
CK,I knew you were planning on going,good luck to you...I envy you a bit,you can do something really constructive to help.I just hope it will not be too heartbreaking for you :love: Stay safe!!!

Roxy's_MA
September 8th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Good Luck! that is great that you can go down and lend your help and support. :thumbs up

Luba
September 8th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Good Luck sweetie!! Stay in Gods good Grace and thank you! :grouphug:

babyrocky1
September 8th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Hey CK I didn't see your recent post about leaving tomorrow, but I did see on another thread that you were possibly going. As I posted there and is certainly worth repeating, I admire your courage and your heart! Please take good care of yourself, the same care that we know you will take of others! :angel:

Dog Dancer
September 8th, 2005, 05:51 PM
CyberKitten, sorry I didn't see your previous post about this. I only get access from work so have to be very brief at breaks. Have been so busy watching where to send $ to Pags that's about the most I've seen (and my dog food issue thread..)

Good luck to you and God Speed. Make sure you don't forget to take care of yourself while you're there. Bless your heart :angel:

glasslass
September 8th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Sorry! I'm also caught up in the first weeks of the semester and as I handle the Reserve Desk, I've been swamped. Also, in the midst of moving, buying, & selling, so am living away from my computer at home at the moment.

CK, I really admired you when you went to assist with the Tsunami crisis and now yet again you're going into action. What can I say except be careful and God bless you for it!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 8th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I remember you saying that you are leaving too. Good luck you will be needed and welcomed down there I am sure. Please be careful too.

doggy lover
September 8th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Take care of yourself CK, drop us a line if you can so we know that your ok, be safe.

Luvmypit
September 9th, 2005, 02:43 PM
CK your awesome! Please please be careful.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your crew.

Please if possible update us to let us know you are ok and what kind of work you are doing if at all possible!

Were very proud of you!