September 8th, 2005, 10:56 AM
"Crosspost"

------------------------------
My grandmother has lost her cat. His name is Winston. He is just over a
>year old. Winston has a really bushy tail. Winston was wearing a blue
>collar with a tag from his vet. He is an outdoor cat but usually comes home
>2-3 times a day for food. He went missing Sunday July 31, 2005, in Baie
>D'urfe on lower Cambridge road. He loves to explore, and does like garages
>and sheds. Winston is afraid of noises, but loves people.

-------------------------------------------------------

If anyone sees this cat, please pm me for contact info.

BMDLuver
September 8th, 2005, 11:46 AM
I'll keep an eye out for him. I hope he does not end up suffering the same problem as our neighbours cat... our other neighbour put out a rodent trap and he got caught in it. He was in pretty poor shape when he was finally found. The neighbours pressed charges as apparently it's not legal to leave one out all the time and never bother to check it. :eek:

Lucky Rescue
September 8th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks! This lady is heartbroken about this. Rodent trap? What kind? :eek:

Something positive might come out of this, since this lady says she is coming to our adoption event on Saturday and may give a home to one of our cats!

She swears she will keep any cat indoors from now on, and if her cat returns, she'll keep both!

Carlos
October 26th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Hi,

I live in Pierrefonds and have been taking care of a stray cat that looks alot like the one in the picture. It is an outdoor cat and I feed it twice a day. I know Pierrefonds is far from Baie D'Urfe but you never know. The cat matches your description ( bushy tail ) and looks like the one in the picture. The cat was found without a collar and none of the neighbors know where it came from.

Carlos

cpietra16
October 26th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Carlos, I hope it really is the same cat. Why don't you try to get a hold of Luckyrescue and leave a message. I think their email address is on petfinder.com . I am not sure if I am allowed to put other peoples emails down, but it is on the other site. They may also have a phone number. Finger's crossed...like you said you never know.

Lucky Rescue
October 26th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Carlos I can't send you a private message.

Please post a web-based email addy here where I can contact you! I have the telephone numbers of the people who posted Winston lost.

rothykitten
October 27th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Have you found the owner of the cat you've been feeding? How long have you seen it around? I lost a cat that VERY closely resembles the cat (Winston) in the photo. Fluffy, DLH, neutered male, looks like a Maine Coon. I live pretty far away though, but my cat has been missing a long time and I've definitly heard stories of where cats have been found even thousands of miles/km from home. I live near Ottawa.
Here are photos of my cat:
http://community.webshots.com/album/177047627NRwowo

Please contact me at rothycat@hotmail.com if you thin at all that the cat you're feeding could at all be Rothy.

:fingerscr

Thanks!
Maggie Barron

Carlos
November 9th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Hi Deb,

I thought that any email or psot would be sent into my inbox but it never happened so I went back on the sight to look.

My email address is camrozmun@hotmail.com
My home number is 514 620 7095.

Please email me or have the people who lost Winston contact me.

There is also a person from Ottawa who lsot a cat who also looks very similar, what type of breed of cat is this?

Carlos

Lucky Rescue
November 9th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks Carlos. I passed on your info to Winston's owners.

This is a medium haired tabby cat, no particular breed. If you see one like this who is HUGE, it's most likely a Maine Coon.

Carlos
November 9th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks Deb,

I am not a cat person and can't even tell what sex the cat is. I do know it has its front claws but not sure of the back ones. I was feeding it tuna and salmon until a friend told me that was bad for the cat so I bought some dry and wet cat food.

I hope they contact me soon before I get too attached to it!

Carlos