Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mistakes

raingirl
September 8th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Don't you hate it when you make a mistake, and it sticks in your head FOREVER!

I tend to obsess about the smallest things, and blow them out of proportion. Ug. I did something bad and now it's going to bug me all day!

SarahLynn123
September 8th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Don't you hate it when you make a mistake, and it sticks in your head FOREVER!

I tend to obsess about the smallest things, and blow them out of proportion. Ug. I did something bad and now it's going to bug me all day!

I do the sme thing! People have long forgotten the stupid thng I said 10+ years ago but I remember and dwell on it. Errr, I hate that!

Roxy's_MA
September 8th, 2005, 02:01 PM
When I went to college I took a course called Lou Tice Thought Patterns for a Successful Career. According to Lou, everytime you think about something that happened good or bad, it is like it happening each time you obsess about it in your head. I guess because even just thinking about the event evokes the same emotions that the actual event evoked. I hope that makes sense. :rolleyes:

They call it negative self talk, put an elastic band around your wrist, everytime you catch yourself thinking negatively about your self or negativly about a choice you made, snap the band on you wrist. It is intersting just to become aware of how much we sometimes think negatively about ourselves.

debanneball
September 9th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Or, how about after you made that mistake, you start rehashing
it over and over, then in the middle of the night, you 'think' you made another mistake .....can't get to sleep. And, Roxy...good advice.