Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Obedience School

buffytwin
September 7th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Hi there, does anyone know of any in the Shelburne/Orangeville area? Or how I could find any? I've tried googling and 411, but can't seem to find any. Any help would be greatful. Thank you:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 7th, 2005, 10:40 PM
I found mine in my town through the local petstore they might have some names that arent listed in your yellow pages or in the paper good luck.

mona_b
September 7th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Here is one in Orangeville

http://www.olympusk9.com/

Another.

Surona School of Dog Obedience.

Contact Susan Des Cotes

1-519-938-8280

And in Shelbourne.

Perfect Pets Obedience Training Inc

Contact Gail Parker.

1-519-925-2275

buffytwin
September 9th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Thats great! Thank you both!! :thumbs up

Bearsmom
September 13th, 2005, 04:09 PM
buffytwin: I've currently got Kaos enrolled in WolfmanK9obedience. (Winston Churchill Bv and Old School Road), and I swear this guy is a miracle worker. 4 lessons already and Kaos is just a changed dog! It's a bit of a drive, but I live in Orangeville and couldn't find anyone close by that didn't just train by treat rewards. PM me if you want any further info.

buffytwin
September 20th, 2005, 12:12 PM
That would be a bit far for us since I'm in Shelburne. I just found one in Orangeville actually, www.puppytails.ca, she sounds amazing! I haven't talked to anyone who has gone there, but she does many many things, from doggy daycare, walking, boarding in her home and all classes. She even does Reiki and something called Ttouch with animals, sounds really interesting. So I think I'm going to go with her (Sue). Unfortunately her next puppy classes don't start until the first week in November and my puppy is now 10 weeks old. Would have rather started him earlier, but any that I found all start next in November, so I was out of luck:( But thanks for the suggestion, and glad its working great for you! Have you heard anything about Puppytails? Is it bad if they train using treats? I took my last dog to obedience school and they used treats too, its actually the only way I knew of training, and seemed to work great? I guess some say its good and some don't right? Thanks! Below is a picture of my puppy Rex:)

StaceyB
September 20th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Is he ever cute. Treats are fine is done properly, use them to teach a new cue and as the cue becomes reliable you fade out the treats.

Dogastrophe
September 20th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Sorry, can't help you out with training schools. Just wanted to say that Rex is a fabulous looking pup. When he eats your {insert favorite item here} it will be hard to stay mad at him when he gives you that face! :D