Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Canadian Donations for Pags in Mississippi

Luba
September 7th, 2005, 08:51 PM
UPDATED ADDITIONAL EASY WAYS TO GIVE IF YOU WISH
PLS SEE THIS THREAD: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19200&page=5&pp=30

CANADIAN DONATIONS
TD Canada Trust
Branch # 253 & Account # 6293328
3115 Kingston Road
Scarborough, ON
M1M1P3

Make cheques out to :
Account # 6293328
Do not put anything else in the 'to' column or the bank can't process
You can also walk into any TD branch to make a cash deposit into that account!

AMERICAN DONATIONS

The Thomer Family Fund
Commerce Bank
3051 Walton Road
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462

Thank you to everyone!! God Bless you all for caring! :ca:

Anyone who makes a $50 or more donation will receive from me a free $25 value Safety Identification Kit (you can select from either Adult, Child, Teen or Infant). I will personally mail them out to you once your donation is received and you provide me with your donation amount and cheque (check) information.

They are currently waiting to see if the home can be 'saved' and what will need to be done to it. Almost everything in the house, destroyed and soiled with water, mold, sewage and 'other', as well as all furniture, clothing, cars, keepsakes, etc...

This is the family :
Anita and her husband Dave have four small children, one of which is a newborn. They have a puppy named Judge and saved a mama stray cat and her four kittens.

Presently they are all living north of their home with a relative, still do not have telephone service proper, no gas, and no hot water but they are dry and have some supplies as food.

Monetery donations are needed to assist them in rebuilding their lives. Many people on this forum have shown an interest in doing such.

BMDLuver
September 7th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Will make a donation once you have the information posted! It's kind of nice to know where the donation money is going as donating to a random organization, one is never fully sure that all the donation will be used by those who need it most. :highfive:

BoxerRescueMTL
September 8th, 2005, 09:15 AM
We will too, when it's set up :)

Rick C
September 8th, 2005, 10:32 AM
I'll send something along when the information is available.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

marko
September 8th, 2005, 12:13 PM
I will send something off as well.

Marko

Luba
September 8th, 2005, 01:25 PM
...for those interested I received an email and photo from pags (Anita) today
pls look here. http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19200

Bank acct is being set up today :D

Prin
September 8th, 2005, 03:23 PM
That's scary. SCARY. Thanks for posting the email Luba. :)

kimbilly
September 8th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Wow that photo and Anita's explanation is so scary.

I am glad that things got set up at the bank. I am also going to pass the information and story onto a few people at work (1 is already on online banking)

Luba, again thank you so much for keeping us up to date on everything.

Dog Dancer
September 8th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Luba I'm glad you didn't have to post your name info for the bank information. I wouldn't have wanted to either. I don't do online banking, but assume I can go to a TD bank and make the deposit and will be doing so. Bless you for all your work.

I tried to find the link you referred us to when you said you had heard from Pags but was forwarded to the Pags Needs Help thread that her mother in law started. There was a picture there that was new and scary. Not sure if that was where we were supposed to go or not.

Anyhow, thanks again for all your efforts. Pags has a great friend in you! On a different level so do we all now. luv ya Luba.

Luba
September 8th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Yes Dogdancer that was the thread, along with the picture email info from Anita!

Thank you all for your generous acts of selflessness and for caring in this very special way to someone and her family who desperately needs it.

I will update the pags needs help thread with new information from pags as it comes in!

Shamrock
September 8th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Luba, thank you for keeping us abreast of this, and many kudos to you for all that you have done to assist this young family. :angel:
I will certainly send along a donation to this most worthy cause.
That photo speaks a thousand words, its all just so hard to assimilate..

doggy lover
September 8th, 2005, 05:12 PM
So we just mail a cheque to that band made to that account right? I can see a happy ending to this, well we have just made a bunch of new friends, I'm glad to see that we still have such a caring bunch of people in this world. :angel:

Luba
September 8th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Yup you can make a cheque or walk into any TD bank and make a deposit :D

doggy lover
September 8th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Oh thats even easier I can go to the bank on Lawson Rd, when I get paid next week, thanks Luba.

glasslass
September 8th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Luba, where should I send a U.S. check? We don't have TD banks here. Can you post the complete name & address of the bank & the account# we should make it out to? Or send me a PM as to where I should send it. I'm sorry I haven't been on-line much and haven't really followed all the information as how it should be done. From what I've read on the other thread though, Pags needs everyone's help desperately. Thank you for what you're doing. Anyone who can should give from the heart and pray we never are in this kind of situation. It's wonderful to belong to such a caring and generous group! I don't mind sending direct to you one bit. I feel I know you well enough through this board.

Sorry! I just scrolled up and saw the information (in large red letters yet!!!). Duh!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 8th, 2005, 08:45 PM
I will go to the TD bank in our town too on tuesday or wed (next day off) and make a donation as well. It is nice to know where the money is going to and we know the people we are helping. Anita (Pags) need it. I wish I could do more personally I honestly do not what I would do in that situation. Is anyone able to send her any supplies or is it just cheques right now.

Luba
September 8th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Glasslass there is an American account set up for them, I started that on another thread. I wonder if I should have amalgamated the threads into one..but I tried to do my best. The AMERICAN donations go here:

AMERICAN DONATIONS
The Thomer Family Fund
Commerce Bank
3051 Walton Road
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462

Joey, They have nowhere to receive mail right now but when they do I'll be sure to let everyone know. Many people are wanting to send care packages and Anita and her family are very very touched by all this kindness.

chico2
September 9th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I had no problems with our TD bank,just to let everyone know!
Instead of the name on the check,I wrote the bank-account and branch no..so no problems!

Rick C
September 9th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Done . . . . little bit of a problem because they wanted me to know the name of the person opening the account.

I finally clued in and blurted out "Luba" which was sufficient for them. The odds of hitting that name were one in a million and either signified I was clairvoyant or a big fan of 1980's Canadian pop music stars.

http://www.canoe.ca/MusicImagesL/luba_160.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Luba
September 9th, 2005, 02:02 PM
LMHO Rick thats funny! I still have an old cassette of hers!

The bank actually didn't put the acct in my name but I did initialize the activiation. They were very understanding and although it's not 'technically' a trust account 'it is' wink wink! There are always ways around things though it took some begging and pleading!

Thank you everybody!!! :D You're all so very wonderful!
:grouphug: to this special group of :ca: :angel:'s

chico2
September 9th, 2005, 04:53 PM
My teller asked me,are you sure this is legit,do you trust this person :sad: I of course said,100%.
He did also ask for your name and I said Luba and he was ok with that.
The true :angel: here,is you Luba and I agree with Glasslass what a great bunch of people we have here :highfive:
I wish I could have given more :love:

Luba
September 9th, 2005, 04:58 PM
OH Anita hush hush EVERY donation is worthy and worth while!! EVERY single dollar helps! I was delighted to have seen the donations coming in!! There is a terrific bunch of people here!! Thank you thank you thank you!

Dog Dancer
September 9th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Luba's right, every donation counts no matter how big or small. I will be going to the Bank to make my donation within the next few days. Wish I could say tomorrow, but have to take the dogs for shots tomorrow and that's gonna hurt too!$$$ But my Pags donation will be made with all my heart.

Luba
September 9th, 2005, 05:43 PM
(pssst dogs don't need yearly vaccines....if you want more info let me know pm me or something) lol ;)

Luba
September 10th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Reminder that the US and Canadian banks are different.

Please if you are in Canada send to the Canadian Account
If in the US send to the US account

Thank you so much for your kindness!!

Care packages needed as well. See the thread marked 'pags needs help'

:grouphug:

Luba
September 11th, 2005, 08:44 PM
bumping this up for exposure
thank you:D

doggy lover
September 12th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Come on guys, its almost pay day don't forget our poor Pags and family.

Luvmypit
September 13th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Don't forget my donation. I have to wait till I get paid but I figure she will need my money even if it comes on the 1st or 2nd of October (paid monthly :eek: )

Thats ok right luba? I am sure she will need money for a while. How long will you be doing this for?

Luba
September 13th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Thats just fine! Leaving it open isn't hurting anyone and it may bring in more donations!! :D Everything is just fine!

BoxerRescueMTL
September 13th, 2005, 06:41 PM
mine is also on it's way! snail mail :)

doggy lover
September 15th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Its payday, got any extra change kicking around. Don't forget Pag's and family. ;)

Luba
September 15th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Hi everybody

I just wanted to say that I checked and updated the Canadian Account today (so we could get that WalMart gift card) and there hasn't been any new transactions (deposits) on the account since: September 12th

So if you've made a deposit over the last few days let me know through pm the details and I'll check into it.

Luba
September 16th, 2005, 07:53 PM
UPDATED ADDITIONAL EASY WAYS TO GIVE IF YOU WISH
PLS SEE THIS THREAD: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19200&page=5&pp=30

Luba
September 17th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Wow we got another :ca: donation that makes (6) donations to the Canadian account.

Thank you my 6 little angels

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Luvmypit
September 19th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Awesome. I will be donating too that I promise. Just give me till the first before you come a knocking!

Im so happy that we are able to do this for her. Makes me feel better when I watch the news, knowing that we had a hand in at least one families lives. Its so hard not knowing what to do. Yes I donated to red cross but this is so much more personal. I know that pags will appreciate this and it will be used for her and her lovely family!

If you read this pags STAY STRONG GIRL! YOu are at least to me and I think I can speak for other members of this board a true inspiration! And on top of that this board has become an inspiration for me. Knowing there are good people out there still that really and truly care. One of them is you LUBA!

Congrats to everyone that helped out and god bless. Still lots more to do but I think with the help of Luba we certainly made a dent in this tragedy albeit a small one but every little bit helps!

Luba
September 19th, 2005, 04:24 PM
She can't read any of this right now, no computer at home and no internet access if she gets back to her moms if she has time she may look at it

BUT I am communicating with her mom still via email

Thank you for your kind words and your compassion I KNOW they appreciate it and I myself am very very touched!

HUGS

Prin
September 19th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Her mom also comes here as "pamom"... Just so you know.. :)

Luba
September 19th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Thats her mother in law Prin :D

Prin
September 19th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Oops. And I knew that too... :o

doggy lover
September 19th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Luba I'll be stopping after work tomorrow to make a deposit for Pags. Just to let you know, its not much but every bit will help.

Luba
September 19th, 2005, 08:04 PM
A single penny isn't much on it's own but a bucket WOW now that makes a big difference !

EVERY bit helps my friend every bit helps!! :D :grouphug:

Luba
September 19th, 2005, 11:29 PM
We have another donation, thank you angel number 7

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

doggy lover
September 20th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Just to let you know that I dropped some money in the bank this afternoon too. Let me know if you get it, from TD at Port Union rd.

Luba
September 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I'll go out to check the account balance today :D and let you know

Luba
September 20th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Okay there was another donation to the Canadian Account
T's Mom that MAY be yours!

A reminder if you've dontated $50 or more to let me know by pm and I'll send you out your Free Safety Identification kit!!

Thank you we now have *8* Angels
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Luba
September 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
This is a bit important

Anyone who has made a donation to either U.S or Canadian bank accounts
PLEASE pm me with the date and branch/bank the donation was made and the amount.

Thank you. I want to track and make sure everything is done appropriately!

Thank you to our 10th Angel!! :angel: You are a bunch to be very very proud of!!

Luba
October 18th, 2005, 05:10 PM
The second round of $$ donations from Canada were sent and received by Anita she and her husband are so very very thankful and feel so blessed to have so many who care about them!

Thank you from them and from me for all your kindness prayers and love. The money will go a long way, when you have nothing!

Anita wanted me to share with you how very touched she is, how wonderful it feels to not be forgotten and to know there are those who care!!