Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

American Donations For Pags Family

Luba
September 7th, 2005, 05:23 PM
UPDATED ADDITIONAL EASY WAYS TO GIVE IF YOU WISH
PLS SEE THIS THREAD: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19200&page=5&pp=30

As many of you are aware, a member of this board (pags) and her family who live in Missississipi have lost almost everything they owned. Their home was destroyed, atleast the entire lower section of it and it's presently uninhabitable.

AMERICAN DONATIONS
The Thomer Family Fund
Commerce Bank
3051 Walton Road
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462

CANADIAN DONATIONS
TD Canada Trust
Branch # 253 & Account # 6293328
3115 Kingston Road
Scarborough, ON
M1M1P3

Canadians Make cheques out to :
Account # 6293328
Do not put anything else in the 'to' column or the bank can't process
You can also walk into any TD branch to make a cash deposit into that account!

Anyone who makes a $50 or more donation will receive from me a free $25 value Safety Identification Kit (you can select from either Adult, Child, Teen or Infant). I will personally mail them out to you once your donation is received and you provide me with your donation amount and cheque (check) information.

They are currently waiting to see if the home can be 'saved' and what will need to be done to it. Almost everything in the house, destroyed and soiled with water, mold, sewage and 'other', as well as all furniture, clothing, cars, keepsakes, etc...

This is the family :
Anita and her husband Dave have four small children, one of which is a newborn. They have a puppy named Judge and saved a mama stray cat and her four kittens.

Presently they are all living north of their home with a relative, still do not have telephone service proper, no gas, and no hot water but they are dry and have some supplies as food.

Monetery donations are needed to assist them in rebuilding their lives. Many people on this forum have shown an interest in doing such.

UPDATE CANADIAN ACCOUNT SET UP INFO other thread please refer to it :D

Dog Dancer
September 7th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Luba there aren't words to say how wonderful you have been. Of course many people on the board have shown concern and will help, but you're my personal hero :angel: Being from Canada, if all else fails could we just send personal cheques to wherever they have hung their hats? They can then take them to their bank and deposit them with whatever exchange applies. There wouldn't be any huge service fee's that way either. Anyhow, just a thought as it seems to be becoming a nightmare for you at this point figuring out the Canadian donation side of this. I'm willing to send her a cheque directly as soon as they can get mail somewhere if that helps. :grouphug:

Luba
September 7th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks dear I responded to u in the other thread :D

Luba
September 7th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Dog Dancer I forgot to say thank you for those kind words!!
Pags is a sweet lady with a lovely family and a big heart! I couldn't possibly do enough to try to help them!

Luba
September 8th, 2005, 01:26 PM
..for those interested I received an email and photo today from pags (Anita)
pls read it here: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19200

Luba
September 8th, 2005, 09:25 PM
bump
just moving this up as some have missed it ;)

Luba
September 10th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Reminder that the US and Canadian banks are different.

Please if you are in the US send to the US account
and visa versa for the Canadian!

Thank you so much for your kindness!!

Care packages needed as well. See the thread marked 'pags needs help'

:grouphug:

Luba
September 11th, 2005, 08:44 PM
bumping this up for exposure
thank you :D

doggy lover
September 12th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Come on our American neighbours, pay day is almost here don't forget about Pags and family.

doggy lover
September 15th, 2005, 09:44 AM
It's pay day people, have any extra change kicking around. Don't forget Pag's and family.

Luba
September 16th, 2005, 07:54 PM
UPDATED ADDITIONAL EASY WAYS TO GIVE IF YOU WISH
PLS SEE THIS THREAD: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19200&page=5&pp=30