Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

nanowrimo

raingirl
September 7th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I was wondering if anyone is going to or wants to participate in NaNoWriMo?

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Basically, write like mad and put out a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.

It's more like a writing excercise then writing the next "Lord of the rings" or such, but it's fun. And I think this year they are donating money to charity or something for all those who participate.

I'm doing it!

amber416
September 8th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Raingirl, thanks for posting that! I will definitely be participating :)

Schwinn
September 8th, 2005, 09:05 AM
I'm going to look at that, for sure!

CyberKitten
December 14th, 2005, 11:38 AM
I could not remember your professiomn Raingirl (Of fpr shame!! It is one of those days tho but that's still no excuse so I am attempting to look it up, have not found it yet!) - but came across bec this thread because I clicked on page 14 of your posts just randomly in the hope it might be in one of those threads. And, I found this thread.

I actually (wonder of wonder!) managed to complete my "novel" and wondered if anyone wanted to share their work - I have to admit though shhhh I changed the clock on my computer to give me an extra hour. I did tell the people there and they said I had till a certain hour Pacific time so I was safe. I did not want to obtain a fraudulant certificate - they told me I had "lots of time" even in my time zone, all of 4 hrs or something. I had the work completed, just not uploaded, lol

Anyway - I was curious if anyone else completed their novel and if they were interested in sharing their work? My plot if about a feral cat who is "rescued" by someone who cares for kitties and it is from the perspective of the cat. Unlike YY's fav characters - tho she also likes the animals in The Incredible Journey (book that led to to Homeward Bound and Yum Yum and Koko, those sluths extradrdinarie (tho she opines that Yum Yum deserves more attention from the author as a good sleuth too, not just the extyra whiskered KoKo) - her all time favourite cat sleuths are Joe Grey, Dulcie and the Kit in Shirley Rousseau Murphy's myserty series. Those unique felines possess ancient Celtic characteristics can talk and read and help solve many murders. YY highly recommends reading about their antics (http://www.joegrey.com). She also likes DC of the Disney show but is less inclined to care for the singing We are Siamese duo who well have not helped kitties of her ilk all that much - but maybe they were having a bad day?.

Anyway- since I digressed so badly as per usual, unlike these unique felines, my character possess no mysterious attributes and is a cute feral tabby who was bouncing off the walls and not at all happy with the human who took her inside the house - the indgnity of it all!!!!!! Not everything went well either and she was ill and made one escape but in the end - well, you have to read it to find out.................

What did you and Schwinn write about?