Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppy's sudden death

Ezmieralda
September 7th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Hi guys,
I'm a new member here. I just would like to ask you guys. One of my sister's puppies (there were three of them) suddenly died last weekend. I wasn't there when it happened but as my sister told me nothing seemed unusual before it died. It didn't look as cheerful as usual but still ate adequately. My sister thinks it might have been a heart attack (as it is hereditary in that dog's family), but I think it wasn't the cause since it was only 10 month old. I am so sad of what happened and afraid that if it causes by a virus or something, the other dogs can be affected as well. All of our dogs are vaccined and checked by vet regularly. So if anyone knows what it was, could you please share your information with me. Much appreciated.

CyberKitten
September 7th, 2005, 05:16 AM
I am so sorry to hear about the puppy!

There is so little info here that all I can say is that all of the remaining puppies should be seen by a vet asap. The only way to know what happened to the puppy is to have a necropsy (pet autopsy) but I would bring those puppies to the vet to rule out any problems.