Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

C'mon all ye students- join in! Blech!

Prin
September 6th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Back to school. Blech. September. Ick.

sigh...

Today was the longest day ever. 10-8 on the first day is pretty difficult and lonnnng.

On the upside, from the new house, even though I drive 20kms more than I did before, it takes me less time to get there! YEY!

On the downside, I have to find a different school to do my graduate studies in because it seems by the end of this year, I will have done all the classes for my undergrad (except the plant physiologies.. :troll: ) and will have no Biology classes left to get another degree... :rolleyes: They just don't have enough courses! :rolleyes:

How are you parents doing? Is it as fun as they say when the kids go back to school?

Luvmypit
September 7th, 2005, 02:03 PM
The one thing about my step daughter going back to school is the fact that I have an excuse to have her in bed by 9 and start to get ready at 8 (shower, school for tommorrow ect.) . I so enjoy that 9 - 11 that I have to myself before I myself have to go zzzzzzz

Writing4Fun
September 7th, 2005, 02:38 PM
How are you parents doing? Is it as fun as they say when the kids go back to school?
Are you kidding me?? I have soooo been singing that "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." song all week! :D :party: But, it's not just me. My 6yr old has been so bored at home - you run out of ideas to keep them entertained towards the end. He met his new teacher yesterday. I asked him what he thought of her. "She is so awesome!!" :thumbs up I just hope he still thinks that when she's sending homework home every day. :p

Jackie467
September 7th, 2005, 03:05 PM
I detest going back to school. I'v been dreading it since july. I started aug. 29th. I get up at 6 run staight to school take two classes a day then run straight to work without stopping then go home to study and am in bed by 9:30 10. My life becomes so monotonus when school is in.

raingirl
September 7th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I'm one of those kids that LOVED to go back to school each year. THe fall is my favorite time of year. It's like my "Spring Cleaning". I feel the urge to clean everything and let in the cool fall air and get rid of the stuffy summer air. I pull out all my sweaters and cozy blankets. Yay school time.

Jackie467
September 7th, 2005, 03:55 PM
I loved going back to school when I was a kid but college is a whole nother story. I HATE college!!!!!!! I used to look forward to school starting again when I was a kid, but not anymore. I feel like i'm spread so thin I can't even think straight.

CyberKitten
September 7th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I've always loved this time of the year. But I also like school - so much I still am there, lol Teaching tho and alas, the Residency programs tend to be on a different schedule than the rest of the university! But it still feels like the beginning of the year for me still - :)

Might be because my mom was a teacher and the end of the summer is here. I like buying office supplies this time of the year too - just something in my genes, I don't know.

Writing4Fun
September 7th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I'm with you, CK & raingirl! I used to love the "back to school" season when I was younger, and older for that matter. ;) Fall is by far my favourite - even if it is followed by *shudder* winter. :yuck: CK, I hope it does prove to be genetic, and that my kids inherited my love of school, instead of my hubby's aversion to it. :p And, yeah, I hate shopping, but shopping for office supplies is always fun!! :D Staples, here I come! :party:

Prin
September 7th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I loved elementary school. Now it NEVER ends. I'm fed up and it's just the beginning of the year. :rolleyes:

Lissa
September 8th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Icky icky school! Today is my first day back at university and the courses filled up so quick this year - I'm stuck with lots of night courses! I'm also missing 0.5 of a credit this year as well so I'll have to work harder in the years to come.

Ya, I just love school... :yuck:

So much to look forward to...I feel sick already! :sick:

Roxy's_MA
September 8th, 2005, 04:06 PM
I have always loved school supply shopping. Since I am no longer a student I went and bought a whole bunch of cool school supplies and donated them to tools for schools. The program helps inner city kids get what the need to start school. I had alot of fun doing it.