Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

more stupid opinions in LFP

love my dogs
September 6th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Did anyone see todays opinion pages? I don't get it, I know a few of us have sent in letters, why isn't there any anti ban opinions being printed?

"Even well-trained pit bull not a 'pet'"

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/Letters/ (http://)

Me and Kayla
September 6th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Did anyone see todays opinion pages? I don't get it, I know a few of us have sent in letters, why isn't there any anti ban opinions being printed?

You really thought an obviously biased piece of trash disguised as a newspaper would print an opinion that doesn't coincide with theirs? LOL

Me and Kayla

BullLover
September 6th, 2005, 12:41 PM
The papers are just looking for something for people to be afraid of. Overexposure for BSL causes people to be more afraid of the dogs, not even having met one. What you read is what you believe, expecially coming from the newspaper. I find it hard to believe the stupidity of people now adays. My father was terrified when I brought home Brutus. Two of my three pits are rescued and my father has never known a pitbull, just what he has read or heard in the media. After not wanting to come and visit, and not allowing me to bring over any of the dogs to his house, he finally came to his senses. While I was working in the backyard one afternoon, my father paid a visit to my house. I had no idea that he was coming over, and Brutus (70 lbs.) was in the backyard with me. He is extremely protective of me, but he let my dad just walk in the yard. He didn't bark at him or try to bite him. He walked over to him and whined for some pets. After that incident, he is no longer one of the stupid people on this earth.

Georgiapeaches
September 6th, 2005, 02:28 PM
You know I am surpsied at the LFP although I guess I shouldn't be. It's just when I spoke to an editor who printed the "Pitbull Spared to Work for Police" for me (about Neville WSP k9) and then the girl who did the piece "D-Day for Pitbulls" last Sunday, they seemed to not be for the ban?!!??
I know many people who have written the LFP and not been printed, and for what I think is the last 5-6 days, the LFP has only been printing pro ban or anti pitbull ownership opinions.
Just keep sending in your letter though...be persistent! :thumbs up