Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We got a kitten!

Alliescats
September 5th, 2005, 04:37 PM
:love: We went to a friend of a friend's place to check out these 6 6 week old kittens who are weened off mom. Mom is a beautiful brown dsh tabby who got :eek: very thin b/c the kittens drained her dry. The father is a pure black dsh and he is large. So the kittens all looked the same, all black/brown tabbies. The lady also had two dogs, so the kittens were/are well socialized. We thought we picked out a boy yesterday but this am I checked again...it's a she. I named her Lucky...I did that on purpose just incase I was wrong about the sex. It's really hard to tell at 6 weeks. She is litter trained, eating properly and having a blast. Now my other 2 cats aren't too sure. My 2 year old female seem likes she is wanting to play but gets wigged out. My 4 year old male is poed, he won't even be in the same room as her. Too funny. I'm sure they'll all be fine. :grouphug:

StinkyT
September 6th, 2005, 09:39 AM
How exciting for you! Good luck with all the animal dynamics and having them get along. I know when we brought our second kitty home he was so tiny... At first our older cat was leery of him but after awhile she warmed up and tried playing with him. She didn't really know how to coz he was like 2lb while she hovers around 12-13lb.

She'd tip over and lie on her side, trying to entice him to play. She'd gently paw him but he was scared of her coz she's so big and she didn't know what else to do. Amusing to watch, that whole "getting to know you" part.

Alliescats
September 6th, 2005, 10:30 AM
:D The funny part is Milo is 18lbs and he takes off running everytime Lucky is just in the same room. :rolleyes: Silly thing. Today Georgie is playing with her but then hiss and swats. The kitten doesn't even care...too cute.