Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hurricane Katrina Victims (Pets)

SOS MIOW
September 2nd, 2005, 09:38 PM
I received the following e-mail from 1-800-Save-A-Pet:

Dear Shelter and Rescue Partners,

We have volunteered to compile a list of shelters and rescue groups that have room for one or more pets left homeless by Hurricane Katrina. This list will be forwarded to the ASPCA’s disaster team and other emergency response teams we’ve been in contact with.

If you have space, or can make some space to accommodate one of these survivors, please sign up here (link below)! There will also be a link to this sign-up page from your main admin page on the site.

One more favor: I am sending this email to the shelters and rescue groups who post pets on 1-800-Save-A-Pet.com. If you have friends in the shelter/rescue community who don’t use our site to post their pets, please forward this email to them so that we may gather information from as many willing organizations as possible!

As always, I thank you for everything you do to make this world a better place for animals.

Yours truly,
Abbie Moore
Executive Director
1-800-Save-A-Pet.com

P.S. If you can’t use the link above, here it is in long form: http://savinglives.1-800-save-a-pet.com/site/Survey?SURVEY_ID=1280&ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS