Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

need some opinions about Tess (cat)

cpietra16
September 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
I adopted a beautiful cat and she has rhinosinusitis. She is on Clavamox now for 8 days and 6 to go. Anyway she has a very runny nose and I have been wiping it and trying to keep it from getting all crusty (lack of a better medical word). She is starting to get really really annoyed with me especially when she sees the face cloth and I really hate to see her trying so hard to breath through her mouth. My question is: and this is to anyone who knows what I am talking about. When I had my babies(human babies) and they got colds but,were too young to blow there noses, I would take the little pump and suction out the mucous. Now having said all that, would I be able to do it to Tess without damaging anything or causing more pain? The vet suggested to put her in the shower and let it drain...which I will try, but I also want to know if anyone has ever done anything like that to a cat. She is approx 4 years of age, not a kitten.

wjranch
September 2nd, 2005, 04:36 PM
Yes, you can suction the mucus. Buy the smallest suction bulb you can find, and be gentle. She will let you know if you're being too hard on her.

:thumbs up Keep up the good work