Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

the worst week of my life!

jr42
September 1st, 2005, 10:21 PM
So I try to be a responsible dog owner and comply with the new breed ban on pit bulls. I wanted to take my dogs for a walk on monday --both pit bulls -- so I strap their muzzles on.... next thing that happens, my daughter (four years old) comes up and asks 'what is that on Buddy and Vanessa's face?' I try my best to explain why we have to put the muzzle on our dogs, but my daughter starts crying...'but how will they give me kisses??'

brought a tear to my eye...how do explain to a four year old that some dumb @$$ people think their dogs are vicious???

love my dogs
September 1st, 2005, 10:38 PM
yes it is very sad, especially if you don't have a decent yard for the dogs to run and play.
Your dogs are very cute. I love the choco one.

Just cross your fingers that they don't start bringing in additional restriction in Sudbury, as they are trying to do this in London, ON. Making it virtually impossible to afford to own a pittie.

StaceyB
September 1st, 2005, 10:46 PM
It is awful that you even had to have that conversation with her. Post your story in the media(newspaper).

twodogsandacat
September 1st, 2005, 11:23 PM
Bryant Sucks.

BMDLuver
September 2nd, 2005, 07:22 AM
So we go out for dinner the other night and the waitress notices that we have some rescue magnets out on the table as we are taking a look at them. She asks do we have any cat ones, we explain that no, we do dog rescue... she asks about it and makes a comment about what people do to their dogs.. So, we start to tell her about a little pit that was found starving to death tied in a garbage bag. Her first comment... she can't stand pits, they are dangerous dogs.. My first thought, was you ignorant so in so... then I tried to explain that dogs don't come that way, owners make them that way.. no avail, she believes the media hype.. makes a comment about they aren't safe with kids.. so I say to this effect: "well, that's why I transport them in my vehicle with two toddlers". :mad: I wish for every ignorant person that they spend one day with an awesome pit.. maybe they figure it out? :sad:

jr42
September 2nd, 2005, 08:02 AM
:mad: I wish for every ignorant person that they spend one day with an awesome pit.. maybe they figure it out? :sad:

I was at a family BBQ over the weekend and we brought our dogs. There were a few who were apprehensive to approach them at first, but after a while, everyone thought they were awsome.

Besides, it's hard to resist my little Vanessa (staffy on the right in the photo) when she come up with her bum wagging :)

Schwinn
September 2nd, 2005, 09:49 AM
Michael Bryant makes children cry.

I think I'll go do up a bumper sticker... :evil:

Copper'sMom
September 2nd, 2005, 10:35 AM
but my daughter starts crying...'but how will they give me kisses??' this choked me up :sad: Children at this age just don't understand!!

I still haven't been able to bring myself to go buy muzzles yet. :sad: I just can't think of having to put one on Copper - it brings tears to my eyes everytime I think of it. Zoe won't be so bad(I hope) as she is still young.

BullLover
September 2nd, 2005, 12:39 PM
:sad: Kids don't understand huh? My dogs hate their muzzles, and I'm not going to muzzle them until I have to, or maybe if I go to a protest or something where I can show people how a muzzle effects my dogs. I feel so bad for your child.... :sad:

BullLover
September 2nd, 2005, 12:42 PM
Schwinn:

I definately want a few of those bumper stickers. Well one for my car, and my bike. You can go into business and sell a crap load of them.

twodogsandacat
September 2nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
Michael Bryant makes children cry.

I think I'll go do up a bumper sticker... :evil:

He's a punk SOB.

babyrocky1
September 4th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Thats a great graphic Two dogs! That is a heart breaking story jr42, I went through something similar last night. Rocky has the plastic cage muzzle and met up with one of his favorite neighbours...he was trying so hard to kiss the neighbour as he ususally does and couldn't of course make contact. He was obviously upset. Since we still have the sixty days I ended up taking off the muzzle.(fifty something days now) So my dogs biggest joy in life, kissing his friends, he will no longer be able to do! This has got to make a permanent impact on his temperment. Let alone mine :mad: BTW Jr, your pups ar beautiful!

twodogsandacat
September 4th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks BabyRocky that was a first shot. When I sent it to Bryant and the local Liberal in 2004 I told them I'd had two years to become a graphic artist if need be. Hopefully I will be capable of better stuff by then.

Shaykeija
September 5th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Hey Jefferson...your girls give great kisses. The original make up remover. Perhaps we can sneak them through shipping and put them in your office for the day. :p . Gaston fell in love with your black baby and I of course fell in love with Vanessa. Such a sucky bum.

wAggie
September 8th, 2005, 10:43 PM
those 2 dogs are so beautiful!

tell ur daughter i kiss Honey and Chocolate between the eyes, or slightly above. she can do that too

(no they dont wear muzzles for this law, but i kiss them there anyways).

:)

Stewart
September 10th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Two lovely dogs there ! And I share your frustration because I have a GSD and its a job exsplaining to some folk why the name German Shepard Dog is used instead of Alsatian when asked whats the difference between them (more socially accepted these days) ;) Also I get folk who cross the road and have even had one lady scream as my dog passed by her after she had already been passed by smaller other breeds of dog.As for your daughter,Its a sad fact of life that prejudice exsists and your going to have to try and put over to her the sad facts of this is terms she can comprehend a bit like some kids dont eat thier greens because they are green etc ;) Good luck and just ignore the biggots who perpetuate this sad type of prejudice :thumbs up