Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Heartgard and vomiting.

coppperbelle
September 1st, 2005, 06:53 PM
My 5 year old golden has lost weight in the last few months. It was gradual but looking at her it is very noticeable. She was also thin but now looks very skinny. I brought her to the vet last week and she has lost only 4 and a half pounds but it looks like much more. My vet was not concerned about her weight loss as she is very active and nervous. She pants and paces continuously if she thinks I am leaving. Her weight loss occured while I was on vacation and in the last week I have gone back to work after being off all summer. She has been on antibiotics and prednisone for the last 10 days because of a skin infection. She finished them yesterday. Today she was due for her heartworm and without thinking I popped it out of the package and gave it to her. Afterwards I thought it might be a good idea to wait a few days so that the other stuff was out of her system but it was too late. This afternoon she vomited yellow bile and tonight again after her supper vomited a bit. I don't think she has gotten into anything else. She is her usually self and is not showing any signs of being ill aside from the vomiting. She hasn't vomited in the last two hours.
Has anyones dog vomited after taking Heartgard?

Karin
September 1st, 2005, 07:08 PM
I doubt the Heartgard is what caused her to vomit. If you fear she did not ingest her dose give her another in a day or two. Even with a large breed dog I break the cube into small pieces and give it that way...for some reason there is a less chance of a return . I would find out what is causing her to hurl though.