Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Guess it really was in the water or on the net

melanie
September 1st, 2005, 06:19 PM
:p hey guys, great news, yes thats right, i too am officially up the duff, or in your word pregnant. lol.

i had to tell yas, i thought it woudl get laugh, how many babies do we have around here now, andn ow another pets ca babe on the way, boy it makes the head spin...

recently prin said its in the water, nah, i think its on the net and i caught something here, oh dear me :D

charlie was realyl put out at first, and was quite naughty for her. generally just flat out ignoring me, shes getting better and has stopped ignoring me so much, although she still is a bit and is being a bit fo a pain, but she will come round. i jsut keep telling her she will get her own human to lick and that will be great for her :p hubby even said charlie can be the babies secound name, so it really will be hers. i hope it makes her happy, she loves kids so i think she will be quite thrilled to have her own.....

so thats another one to the list then..... :D

hey we will need a pregnancy emoticon soon, for me it would have to be one ralphing its guts up, oh yaaaaccccckkkkkkk.

Roxy's_MA
September 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
Congratulations!! :crazy:

Is this your first?

Jackie467
September 1st, 2005, 08:11 PM
congrats. That is wonderful.

glasslass
September 1st, 2005, 08:37 PM
Congrats Mel!! You'll be a great mom! Do we get pick of the litter? :D

mona_b
September 1st, 2005, 08:55 PM
OMG,a little Mel...... LOL

CONGRATS Mel..... :highfive: :grouphug:

Karin
September 1st, 2005, 09:02 PM
Melanie, they do know what causes this ya know....boinking like bunnies.

Congradulations!

mona_b
September 1st, 2005, 09:14 PM
Melanie, they do know what causes this ya know....boinking like bunnies.

ROTFLMFAO....

Your killing me here Karin.

OMG,with the addiction of this site,I thought all the hubbies would be in bed snoring...Makes me wonder how you guys got preggers...LOL

Writing4Fun
September 1st, 2005, 09:20 PM
Congratulations, Mel! :highfive: How far along are you?

Writing4Fun
September 1st, 2005, 09:22 PM
OMG,with the addiction of this site,I thought all the hubbies would be in bed snoring...Makes me wonder how you guys got preggers...LOL
LMAO!!! It's called "multi-tasking". ;)

Prin
September 2nd, 2005, 12:02 AM
recently prin said its in the water, nah, i think its on the net and i caught something here, oh dear me :D

Ooops! SORRY I mentioned it!! :o You shouldn't have read that thread! :D

So we know how the doggy reacted... What about the proud papa? :D

melanie
September 2nd, 2005, 03:13 AM
lol lol oh, your just sooooo rude :angel: :D

thanks your all fantastic, i just rushed home to see what you guys had to say abotu it, i think thats kinda funny, gosh am i attached to you ppl or what :eek:

yes this is my first and im 13weeks. we have jsut told our familys, i have known since week 5 so its been ages, i have wanted to tell you for ages too, so i was stoked to this morn. ive gotten all fat, put on around 6 pd or 3kg, and im as cranky as hell half the time, but hubby says thats actually not a difference and that i should stop making excuses, bloody fool:eek:

MONA funny you say that, so many ppl have said this week 'Oh my god, a little mel' and then given me a funny look :eek: , lol its really funny . most ppl see me as pretty over the top and to an exent nice eccentric (not crazy eccentric there is a big difference there) so ppl are a bit funny about it :D i honestly think my poor father is scared, lol, hes gotta be worried he will get another mel for sure, that would scare the pants right of him i know for certain, ha ha, you dont have a child like me and forget about it over night thats for sure, lol lol lol bahahahahahahahaha..

um prin hubbs is really happy, very proud of himself of course :rolleyes: and hes been nice and helpfulish so thats been good.. like any nice fella he is just glad, hes a nice man and i am very lucky. but its charlie im worried about really, she has been my best friend and constant companion for 9 and a half years now, we have nary spent a day apart in that time, so i have been a bit concerned for her, i just want to make sure she is as happy as usual and that she is still in her pack position and all is okely dokely you know. i need her routines and such to modify now, so its not a shcok for her, im trying to make her a bit more flexible in the mornings to start coping. shes getting there and is jsut happy and hugged so that helps.

so its been good and im glad to add another to our numbers, so what are we up to now, is that 4 pets babies, not bad i reckon

just a note, we need a wink emoticon, half of what i say is supposed to be accompanied by a wink and a smile, not just a smile alone:D *wink wink*

mona_b
September 2nd, 2005, 07:12 AM
LMAO!!! It's called "multi-tasking". ;)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

You guys are GOOOOOOOD....... :D :p ....LMAO.

Mel,I heard that all the time by my friends and family....OMG,another Mona.Look out world....LOL....Well she's 98% Mona... :D

I'm sure everything will work out fine with Charlie.Keep working with her.If you can,get a tape or CD with baby noises.Or better yet,a doll that cries and gurggles.If you know anyone with a baby,borrow one of their used sleepers.I know she is great with kids.But "sometimes" it's different when they are your own.I'm talking about babies in the house. :)

Please congratulate the proud papa for me
:grouphug:

BMDLuver
September 2nd, 2005, 08:02 AM
Congratulations Mel! That's wonderful news.

We had Selena for 12 years before the first child arrived. She was always gentle around toddlers but like you were uncertain how she would feel when the baby arrived home. I brought Shayla into the house, plunked her down on the sofa beside me and let Selena have a good sniff of both of us. Selena decided by about day 3 that Shayla was hers and positioned herself by the bassinet whenever she was sleeping. We had a visit from the RN which is required by law in Ontario as a follow up and she walked into the room and went to pick Shayla up, Selena growled lowly and blocked the RN from moving away from the bassinet. The RN was not impressed. I just politely said, "You didn't ask to pick her up, did you?". I then told Selena, it's ok and the nurse could check Shayla out. Selena never left Shayla's side the whole time. I always tried to keep the attitude that Shayla was all of ours and Selena seemed comfortable with that.

Just my experience to share. :)

melanie
September 2nd, 2005, 05:40 PM
welli think a mini moan would be very cool, so much fun.
charlie has been thorough a few babies, she is betterwith todlers though, although she has always been good to the babies. i remember one incednet when my neice had colic and they werestaying here, after 6hrs of crying poor charlie went and threw up in the baby bag, she was stressed by the crying, but that didnt occur again, when it did happen i made quite spaces for her and we tried to get her into the baby....

im so glad you ppl can understnad this, its he biggest issue for me really. charlie is my everything, os her happiness is essential to me.

BDM thats the story i needed to hear, i really did and that sooooo cute, that is exactly wht i want for charlie, we will be a nice familytogether. its comfoting to know that it worked ut for you, i jsut thought i would gvie charlie all the babies things and such, and i will purchase her and brand new bed for the nursary, she will like that. and im really changing her rather strict routine, the 6am morning walk needs to change, im trying to surprise her by having a 15 minute leeway on either side, so i odnt leave at 6 like she demands, but i might leave at 10 to or 10 past 6, i fuigure i will keep streaching that time till its an hour or two flex, she is coping, and hey she is way too demanding anyway, needs to chill out that dog sheesh im a slave round here :D ...

again your all wonderful and thanks for your kind spirits. :angel:

twinmommy
September 2nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
WoW!!! Congrats!! You should get th multi-tasking award or something!!! he heh heh. Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy--it's such a fun time, and don't worry about your pets. They will be fine with a few tummy rubs and treats, and some of the links I got here on bringing homw babies from the hospital were great.(Just for your own peace of mind :) )