Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kittens - URGENT/MTL

Lucky Rescue
September 1st, 2005, 02:22 PM
*Crosspost*
A man in Ile Perrot found a deal mother cat under his shed with 3 little babies (a couple of days old). He has brought the babies into his house but cannot feed/keep them. Please post an urgent plea for someone who has a nursing mother to take this little ones in. They won't last 24 hours with nursing.

EMAIL (Janet.Charlebois@videotron.ca)

BMDLuver
September 1st, 2005, 04:21 PM
There are two kittens. I spoke with the guy who has them, he's fed them twice today. I am working on a nursing mom, if not then I assume tube feeding is the best route until a mom can be found? Rehydration with IV fluids as well?

SOS MIOW
September 1st, 2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks BMD. Anything you can do to save these little ones will be great. My only other volunteers who does kittens if full right now and has no nursing/expectant mothers.

SOS MIOW
September 1st, 2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks to the posting on this board and another board, I had 2 people offer to help.

The kittens have now been picked up and are safe in a foster home with a nursing mother.

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kittens2md.jpg

:thumbs up

BMDLuver
September 2nd, 2005, 08:43 AM
Teeny tiny little gaffers! I hope they make it. :fingerscr

SOS MIOW
September 3rd, 2005, 12:29 AM
I just heard that the little gray kitten didn't make it. He was much smaller than his sibling (probably the runt of the litter). Fingers crossed for the remaining baby :fingerscr

BMDLuver
September 3rd, 2005, 07:46 AM
oh dear, poor little one. :sad:

CyberKitten
September 3rd, 2005, 01:23 PM
Ahh gheez SOS, that is just such sad news! :(

SOS MIOW
September 3rd, 2005, 10:17 PM
The remaining baby has taken well to the surrogate mother and hopefully he will be fine (he was much bigger than his sibling).

BMDLuver
September 4th, 2005, 10:04 AM
:fingerscr That he makes it!