Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

need help with bites on cat

gidget93
August 31st, 2005, 09:27 PM
:crazy: Can I get some help with this problem. I have tried all sorts of flea control and nothing seems to work.

Lucky Rescue
August 31st, 2005, 10:26 PM
What kind of flea control have you tried? If you're using stuff the petstore, it won't work.

Did your vet prescribe anything?

happycats
September 1st, 2005, 06:21 AM
I have found "Advantage" to be quite effective. You have to get it from your vet.
I feel "nothing" store bought works at all, and some can seriously harm your pet!

chico2
September 1st, 2005, 07:44 AM
I have used Advantage for years,although less than the vet says,I only put it on summer months and only every 2 months and no fleas..
Sprays and collars will only harm your cat,she needs to go to a vet..for the proper treatment!

happycats
September 1st, 2005, 07:59 AM
I have used Advantage for years,although less than the vet says,I only put it on summer months and only every 2 months and no fleas..
Sprays and collars will only harm your cat,she needs to go to a vet..for the proper treatment!

I haven't had to use it in about 4 years now, as Mine are all indoors, and flea free!! :)

tuffy
September 1st, 2005, 11:25 AM
I found that revolution worked so wonderfully. THis flea med is applied externally then travels into their system. I used it when my dogs had a case of fleas only after trying advantage which did not take them away (maybe it is good prevention though). If you want your fleas gone I reccomend revolution. I know some people get freaked out with drugs in the system of pets but considering the kind of toll the fleas can have on your pets body and health and the fact scientific literature does not suggest harmful effects I think it is great option- you could always switch to advantage once the flea problem is gone.

chico2
September 1st, 2005, 01:16 PM
Happycats,I too am against free-roaming cats,but since mine are out with me for a couple of hours every day,I better be safe than sorry....there is nothing worse than having pesky,biting fleas on your cat/dog...I've been there.