Look at these sweet faces

mona_b
August 31st, 2005, 10:21 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/GSD4Life/indigo.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/GSD4Life/kalhua.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/GSD4Life/mustang.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/GSD4Life/Zoe.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/GSD4Life/sarah.jpg

This is the most I have seen in my SPCA.And it's not going to end with this ban in effect.

If I recall,Kalhua was adopted a while ago.And it just breaks my heart that she was a return.No doubt because of the ban. :evil: :evil: :mad:

gdamadg
August 31st, 2005, 10:44 PM
Awww that red one is soo cute. It hurts me to think that many of these wonderful dogs will not be able to find a loving home. I wish I would have gotten Sprint a playmate before the ban took effect.

Byrd
August 31st, 2005, 11:12 PM
I like the white with the red face... she looks sweet. Is the red one young, looks a bit nervous.

mona_b
September 1st, 2005, 12:39 AM
I wish I would have gotten Sprint a playmate before the ban took effect.

You still can...... ;)

Indigo is a 10 month old male

Mustang is 4 months old

Sarah is 3 years old

Kahlua is 4 years old

Zoe is 5 months old.

Prin
September 1st, 2005, 01:45 AM
I like the blondie with the puppy face. :love:

mona_b
September 1st, 2005, 06:47 AM
That would be Kahlua..... :)

Pretty sad to me that these owners are just dumping them instead of being proud Pit owners and doing everything they can to keep them.Makes me sick. :evil:

chico2
September 1st, 2005, 08:52 AM
Awww Mona,it just makes you cry looking at these beautiful dogs..I wish whoever did not love their dogs enough to fight for them,will get their due one day :sad:
It's bad enough thinking of healthy beautiful dogs being PTS,but even worse thinking of them in a lab being subjected to imhumane treatment.
The whole thing is just to sad for words :sad:

Rottielover
September 1st, 2005, 09:11 AM
can people still adopt as long as they abide by the rules

Luvmypit
September 1st, 2005, 09:55 AM
I am registered in having one pit bull. Could I still get one. Would it be wise? You know two pits. I wish I get a really really relaxed not hyper one then I could cause capone is super spaz!

Me and Kayla
September 1st, 2005, 12:02 PM
I am registered in having one pit bull. Could I still get one. Would it be wise? You know two pits. I wish I get a really really relaxed not hyper one then I could cause capone is super spaz!

There is a gorgeous pittie named Cinnamon, in the Newmarket ASPCA just waiting to be adopted. She is 4 years old I think, and has gone through about 6 different obedience training and agility training courses. She's fabulous and extremely calm. I would take her myself, but Kayla has a definite problem with other females in our house. Outside she doesn't mind them, but in the house, she is very territorial.
I was there on Monday and she had just been brought in. She is the only pittie left there now. All the others have been adopted out, I'm happy to report. I'm pretty sure Cinnamon won't be there too long either.

Kayla and Me

BullLover
September 1st, 2005, 12:21 PM
Aw, the top one looks kind of like one of mine...Cutie!

BullLover
September 1st, 2005, 12:22 PM
Wise? I have three and they get along GREAT! Well, sometimes my older male gets a little grumpy with the younger ones, but all in all they are happy together.

kellyla
September 1st, 2005, 12:26 PM
I keep staring at those faces every few days and keep showing my husband.But he wont budge on one.We adopted Boston from the Hamilton SPCA and I will never forget the day in March we walked in there to tell them we had decided to take him and one of the girls there cried(I dont want to mention to her name)He has turned out to be a wonderful,loving animal.I hope these babies get the wonderful homes they deserve.

mona_b
September 1st, 2005, 09:38 PM
Oh chico,I know.... :sad:

can people still adopt as long as they abide by the rules

Yes,they still can.

A person who did not own any pit bulls on August 29, 2005, will be able to acquire one restricted pit bull.

A person who owned one or more pit bulls on August 29, 2005 will be able to acquire more restricted pit bulls so long as the effect would not be to leave the person with more pit bulls than he or she owned on August 29, 2005.

Also,they are being VERY stricked when adopting out Pits now.

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
September 7th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I'm a volunteer fo the Hamilton SPCA and I've walked Sarah, Indigo and Zoe. They're all really sweet dogs.

wAggie
September 8th, 2005, 11:24 PM
i *wish* i could take them in....

i sure hope they go to good homes

babyrocky1
September 9th, 2005, 07:20 PM
A person who did not own any pit bulls on August 29, 2005, will be able to acquire one restricted pit bull.

A person who owned one or more pit bulls on August 29, 2005 will be able to acquire more restricted pit bulls so long as the effect would not be to leave the person with more pit bulls than he or she owned on August 29, 2005.
. i guess this leaves most of us out! :mad: I have been pondering this for apparantly too Long! I have read this before but lately when the humane society etc. said that they would continue adopting till they found homes I forgot about this clause :rolleyes: