Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

SHE Is IN LABOR

marvandmisty
August 31st, 2005, 04:14 PM
SHE IS IN LABOR ANYTIME NOW WE WILL BE HAVING PUPS :party:

epundt
August 31st, 2005, 04:31 PM
Marv, here is a website I used when Princess went into labor. There is a wealth of information. I had Princess xrayed the day she delivered so I knew how many puppies were to be born. That way, if they all didn't deliver, I could call the vet and get her in as quickly as possible. The site has everything catagorized so you can pick and choose the topic you need. I printed out all I needed, but she had her babies with no help from me. All I could do is stand there and cry like a baby. Good luck.
Eileene

http://www.petbitsforyou.com/heat_cycle.html

Karin
August 31st, 2005, 08:42 PM
Woohoo!

Send me some puppy breath!

doggirl
September 1st, 2005, 04:36 PM
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!!

Nothing like cheering the arrival of 7 more Pit Bulls into a world that uses euthanasia as a method of birth control for Pit Bulls (the lucky ones anyway).

Before everyone jumps all over my "mean" post, I'm sorry but it takes a series of bad judgements to end up with a litter of Pit Bull puppies. Unfixed male, unfixed female, access to each other...that's 3 alone. That's assuming it was really an accident, which it doesn't seem to be since the OP originally said they bred the dog b/c lots of people asked them if they were going to and said they wanted a puppy (like no other Pit Bull owners have ever had that happen). And they didn't go to the vet afterwards to find out about spay/abort, they went a month later to check on mom's pregnancy status.

Instead of "being a rescue" maybe this person should be encouraged to volunteer for a rescue, esp one that goes into shelters and has the sad luck of meeting all the hundreds of Pit Bull puppies under a year or two of age that end up being killed.

heidiho
September 1st, 2005, 05:15 PM
Where do u live??And why breed pitbulls when there are so many unwanted ones already>>Just curious

StaceyB
September 1st, 2005, 05:17 PM
Find the other thread, we have already asked this to death.

badger
September 2nd, 2005, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry - three explanations is two too many 1) it was an accident 2) people we know wanted puppies, and now - wait for it - preventing the breed from dying out. Let's not enoble this experience.

Notwithstanding, you seem to be doing everything right - staying in touch with your owners, getting the mum and pups spayed and neutered, etc. So keep it up and good luck with your plans.

Blaze01
September 2nd, 2005, 12:21 PM
On the contract from new owners you should also make them sign to spray and neuter...