Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Goldendoodle!

Wudjah
August 31st, 2005, 03:21 PM
My sister's goldendoodle (3/4 standard poodle/1/4 golden retriever) escaped from her backyard today with her other dog. The other dog came back shortly after but Sadie is still missing. It is very unlike her to take off, especially for this length of time.... the property beyond their fence is a large farmer's field that backs onto the 401 and they are extremely worried. She was lost in the Hamilton road area of Trenton (town beside Belleville). She is very large (90lbs or so), about 4 years old, spayed female, blonde/gold colour with a shaved face and a few shaved parts on her body as my sister had started grooming her the other day. She was wearing a collar with a city license on it. She answers to Sadie and is extremely friendly.
The A/C for that area told me that a golden retriever also went missing from the same area today.
Here is a picture of her before being clipped.....

Toonces
September 4th, 2005, 06:57 AM
The poor dear I hope she makes it home safe and sound, will keep my eyes open for her and pass this on to everyone I know in the area.

BMDLuver
September 4th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Oh dear, keeping my fingers crossed that she makes it back home! :fingerscr

Wudjah
September 4th, 2005, 08:51 AM
My sister called me last night and Sadie DID make it home safe and sound yesterday!! They were out in the (newly secured) back yard with the other dogs when they started barking. She thought she caught a glimpse of something in the field and on a whim she went to the gate and said "Sadie, is that you?". Surprisingly enough, after four days, Sadie ran up to the gate! She was dirty, matted, and hungry, but no worse for wear really. So this is definetely a happy ending for them and Sadie!!!!

BMDLuver
September 4th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Hurray!! A happy story for a change. What a relief for all. :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
September 4th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Oh wow! So happy to hear this!!:)

Toonces
September 5th, 2005, 06:43 PM
PHEW! So glad to hear she made it home safe and sound!

badger
September 5th, 2005, 07:22 PM
And, notwithstanding all the slagging weird crosses (or at least their manufacturers) get on this board, a very beautiful girl she is too.

Wudjah
September 5th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Sadie is beautiful dog - she should be, her first owners paid over $1200 for her and her brother at a petstore in Toronto. A month, a case of colitis, and benign growth later, she was sitting at our shelter where my sister adopted her from ;) Everyone in the family is just thrilled that she returned on her own!