Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

a little sample of ignorance

love my dogs
August 30th, 2005, 04:43 PM
OK, if you guys really want to read some infuriating and dumb comments.....maybe you could help me out, or maybe it's not worth wasting your breathe. At any rate, I came across this board by accident, and could not resist making some comments. I am duke's mom......check it out

http://pub31.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=2623947039&msgid=502499

mom of rotties
August 30th, 2005, 05:31 PM
OMG I cannot believe the ignorance of some people. I myself do not own a pit but have met many and never feared for my life. I have on the other hand been bitten severly by a maltese(sp)Some people should pull their brains from there butts.

pitbulliest
August 30th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I replied to that board a few times...tried to educate some of them..maybe open their eyes..but what they say is true...they are just sheep driven by the media and the politicians scare tactics..its like they're DE-evolutionizing....gosh, it seems like the human race is getting dumber and dumber :sick:

Me and Kayla
August 31st, 2005, 06:34 AM
Duke's Mom.....Don't waste your typing skills on that bunch. I don't think research (or spellcheck) is high on their list of things to do with a computer. I also suspect that newspapers are just something to line the bottom of the bird cage after they've read the comics section.

Kayla and Me

BMDLuver
August 31st, 2005, 06:57 AM
uck, that's a horrid message board! :yuck:

debanneball
August 31st, 2005, 07:25 AM
The person 'Little Dog' sounded like he belonged on the Deliverance movie set.
I don't own a pit bull, but I can tell you, I have met several pit bulls, and they
are much better behaved than my dog.

Rottielover
August 31st, 2005, 07:33 AM
Unfortunetly the media makes it very hard to properly educate morons. They see it in the news so it must be right. Too many ppl are too lazy to actual research facts...

OdinAndAlan
August 31st, 2005, 10:40 AM
The media makes it hard only because they care about the bottom line and not about doing their job properly. Unfortunately the days of honourable people are almost all but gone.

Copper'sMom
August 31st, 2005, 11:08 AM
I haven't checked that link, but it sure sounds alot like one of my friends :( . All she knows is what she hears on tv. :( Even though she has known Copper for 4 years, she will not let her daughters near him! And because Zoe is a rambunctious pup, she's really terrified of her. It doesn't matter what I say, her opinion is based on the media reports. :sad: :mad:

love my dogs
August 31st, 2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah, those people are dumb.....but the paper keeps printing people's dumb opinions.
Today's London Free Press printed 2 pro ban letters and only 1 anti ban letter

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/Letters/

I remember e few years back giving my father in law this big long lecture about his gambling habits. He listened quietly, and when I was done he said "opinions are like a**holes,... everyone's got one"

lezzpezz
August 31st, 2005, 12:14 PM
Love my dogs, I wrote a rebuttal to the LFP and posted it here under: " Alert:City eyes tighter leash on pit bulls LONDON ON!!! " it's post #86 and I'd like your opinion on it before I send it to the Freeps, please! Don't want to send any erroneous info etc. Thanks!

Did you also see the opinion by Rob Bundy under Ink Blog, also on opinion pages on page A7? Another goofball! He leaves his email address, if you want to bark up his tree :p

Me and Kayla
August 31st, 2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah, those people are dumb.....but the paper keeps printing people's dumb opinions.
Today's London Free Press printed 2 pro ban letters and only 1 anti ban letter

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/Letters/

"

At the bottom of that column is a place to respond to the editor about those letters. Time to send off a mass of anti-ban letters to the London Free Press. :)

love my dogs
August 31st, 2005, 12:35 PM
Yes I agree.....let's all send letters. I would not waist time with rbundy though, he looks like a weiner...lol! He's just a "local writer" with an opinion. We can all be local writers if we start sending articles to all the local papers. Everyone on this forum has a talent for writing. Just post your article here for others to help edit.

lezzerpezzer: I read your letter and it's great as is. Send it! I'll approach the topic from a different angle as to add some variety on the anti ban stance.

I'll post my letter here for you to proof. Thanks.

love my dogs
August 31st, 2005, 07:46 PM
Hi guys, please let me know what you think of this letter to the edtitor for LFP.

Dear Editor,

It amazes me how the London Free Press continues to print such negative and discriminatory opinions about the beloved pitbull. That’s right I said “Beloved Pitbull”.

Yesterday, J. Kirby Inwood wrote this about all pitbulls “the animal is not just biting. It is trying to kill.” It is ridiculous comments such as this, that fill the minds of readers with visions of evil and vicious dogs.

This reader apparently has the ability to read minds and has also apparently read each and every pitbulls' mind to discover that they all have the same intention to kill every time they bite. Not very likely. We're talking about a dog here!!

Then there was the other letter to editor. This reader (Roger H. Foord) thinks that training a pit bull to be “mean” makes “mean” a genetic trait in all subsequent offspring, yet he does not apply this same theory of genetics to German Shepherds. Instead, he explains that German Shepherds are inherently gentle dogs, who when trained to attack, “their high need to please their owners will lead them to exceed their natural instinct.” Now that is really ridiculous.

The sad part is that the bad owners, who have now abandoned their abused and misused pitbulls in various public places throughout London, are now aware (as Mr. Foord has advertised) that German Shepherds also make excellent attack dogs, and can be trained to disregard their naturally gentle instinct. So we have increased the danger to society on 2 fronts, because we now have abused and neglected pitbulls (which are the kind that are unstable) at large, and a whole new breed of dogs being abused, neglected and trained to attack..

The worst part of all these uneducated opinions, is that it seems that my fellow Londoners have reverted to something that I thought we had finally moving on from: discrimination!

Oh, and just to clarify things, pitbulls are just like any other dog. With love, affection and proper training they make wonderful family pets. With abuse, neglect and an unstable environment, they will be unpredictable.

kellyla
August 31st, 2005, 09:19 PM
Great letter! :thumbs up

BullLover
September 1st, 2005, 11:53 AM
Right on target!

LL1
September 5th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I stumbled across another board with the same ignorance:

http://discussions.bluerodeo.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9456025682/m/7071035231/r/8871049161

pitbulliest
September 6th, 2005, 02:33 PM
its better just to ignore this kind of garbage..these people will not change their minds..as some of us have seen in the first forum that was mentioned in this thread..the people were ignorant, didn't know how to state any sort of facts...but just biased, unfair, and stereotypical opinions that didn't mean a thing to the rest of us educated and open minded responsible people....

So like I said, its better to just save up our energy and use it to fight for these dogs in court and get rid of this useless BSL crap....and to help save more dog's lives..the people in that forum were just a bunch of trailor trash illiterate people that only knew three phrases : "You're an idiot"..."You're stupid"...and "Get off the crack"..

So very intelligent..lol