Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need Help with foster dog

last chance
August 30th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I have had my foster dog for over 5 months. I have posted pics and info on petfinder and other sites. Also made flyers and put them up around town. Still no luck. :( Do any of you have any other suggestions on how I can get her out into the public and get her noticed??

Lucky Rescue
August 30th, 2005, 02:29 PM
A really good idea would be to contact a local rescue and ask them if you may bring your dog to any adoption events they may be holding.

For the flyers, you need a very cute and clear picture, and an eye-catching description, for example make it sound like the dog is talking:

"Hi, my name is Spot, and I'm a kissy-faced lap warmer!(or whatever cute traits the dog may have)
I"m a (age+ breed) and I am such a good girl! I like cats and kids and I can walk really nicely on a leash."

If the dog has a sad story, include that too! ("My owner didn't want me and left me tied in front of a store and I was so scared and lonely..")

Put bright colours on your flyers and make sure you put them in places where pet lovers frequent - pet stores, groomers, kennels, vet's offices and so on.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!:)

last chance
August 30th, 2005, 02:32 PM
thank you for the help. I will print up new flyers and try that.
She is a kissy face luv bug :)
Thanks

happycats
August 30th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Do you have any pics,? we love pics :)

last chance
August 30th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Here are a few pics of her. My camera isn't the best, so bare with me. :)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/candybliss/aug30115.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/candybliss/Aug30114.jpg

She is such a good girl. Is very smart!!!! :)

Lucky Rescue
August 30th, 2005, 06:18 PM
She is beautiful! I"m sure she'll get a home soon.:)

She is a kissy face luv bug

Don't forget to put that on your flyer! Just remember, advertisement is everything.

Try and get a pic of her kissing someone, or snuggling next to them.

happycats
August 30th, 2005, 06:28 PM
She is so pretty! I'm sure she will find a great home really soon!

proudfosterdad
August 31st, 2005, 01:24 PM
Aww She Is So Adorable And Cute.

last chance
August 31st, 2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks to all of you. She is a true sweetheart. She has had a hard life like so many others have. :mad: :sad:
Been through a lot! She even went through a depression when she was in the humane society. It was a sad story behind her.
But she is better now. She is such a happy girl.