Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just wondering....

debanneball
August 30th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I've been listening to the news about the banning of pit bulls, and it's not too clear exactly what a 'pit bull' is. Does the government mean 'what looks like a pit bull', or do they mean ALL dogs that are bullies? If the latter is the case, then what is next on their agenda....the german shepherd. From what I have been told, this breed has the highest numbers of bittings reported in a year. Where do they stop, do they decide to ban all dogs over 2 feet tall, taller than a child...I know it sounds stupid. But, where do they stop?

bluntman
August 30th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Thats the same question on everybody's mind, what is the definition of a pit bull under this new law?, who decides?, and is the decision valid across the province, or just in your area? As for the German sheperd or any other biter, thats not an issue yet, public perception is the issue, this law is not about public safety, just public perception. For years we have been feed by the media that pit bulls are vicious man eaters that cannot be trusted, this is far from the truth, but very close to what the public belives. There was an artical in a free paper that is deliverd to every house in peterborough, that stated. "The breed should be banned for the simple reason it is inherintly bred to kill." and this" pit bulls are so unpedictable, no community member should have the fear of waiting for the time bomb to explode" this is what people are bombarded with on a daily basess. Untill the media becomes more responsible, once they are done destroying the pit bull, they wiil start to feed on another breed, untill it is exstinct as well. Untill eventually yes, any dog biger than a small child, will be banned.

Kierramax
August 30th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Too bad Bryant stands taller than 24"! I'd like to ban him. My baby girl will be so upset if I have to muzzle her. So guess what? I'm not going to. We walk our pit (half Staff, half American) every day along with her older brother, Max a 12 year old shih tzu. I have written may letters to newspapers and have not been acknowledged. However, my voice will be heard come next election! Fear sells and that's a fact! And, who knew of Bryant prior to this madness? What a sick way to get in the public eye. He's the vicious one.....my Kierra on the other hand, is afraid of her own shadow. I will not give up defending her or any other breed that is in danger of a ban. Any idea how to get in touch with Clayton Ruby?

Roxy's_MA
August 30th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Where do they stop, do they decide to ban all dogs over 2 feet tall, taller than a child...I know it sounds stupid. But, where do they stop?

Apparently they don't stop. I heard Clayton Ruby on TV last night. He said in Italy there is now 26 breeds of dogs that have been banned. One of the breeds was a Corgi .... aren't they about a foot and a half tall.

StaceyB
August 30th, 2005, 05:52 PM
The sky is falling, or so it seems. We seem to be losing far too many rights here, and around the world.