Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nuetered pup

fishndukee
August 30th, 2005, 02:21 AM
:sorry: My pup Dozer was nuetered last week. :sad: Should it look like there is still one hanging there? :confused: I know that the doc removed both but the way the skin is, it looks like there is still one there. Should I talk to the doc or just let it go? Will it affect Dozer later? Any input would be nice!

StaceyB
August 30th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Yes, there may still be some swelling and it takes some time for the sacks to shrink up.

Prin
August 30th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Yeah... When my dad's doggy got his disproportionately huge ones removed the sack was still huge and inflammed on top of that. :D It'll take a couple, if not a few months for it to shrink. It's pretty hard to forget one while they're in there. :D

coppperbelle
August 30th, 2005, 08:19 PM
All my life I have had female dogs so when Hunter was neutered last year I asked the same thing. I thought they cut them off (ouch). His turned black and within a few weeks almost completely disappeared.

All I can say is thank goodness for message boards such as this. I would have felt like a complete fool calling my vet.

doggy lover
August 30th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Not to worry my dogs were the same, I can't see the vet removing only one. It will take time for the swelling to go down.

StaceyB
August 30th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Hey did you know you can actually get implants for the little men and they come in a range of sizes.

Karin
August 30th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Hey did you know you can actually get implants for the little men and they come in a range of sizes.

They are called "Nuticals" and I have assisted on a few Sx's. They are cool but expensive. Just make sure the size fits the growing expected weight of the dog.

My friend and neighbor wanted xtra large for his chihuahua. It's a guy thing.
This practice has been going on for a long time in the race horse industry, only they use silicon breast implants for the missing testicle. The smaller version is available for dogs and cats but cost 3 times as much as the hard plastic ones. The patient could care less of course, it's a guy thing.