Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Female Dog Humping everything

Digger1799
August 29th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I have a 2 yr. old 5lb. Female Yorkie. I am her trainer (master). Recently she has begun to hump other members of the house, never me. If they tell her to stop or 'NO" she ignores them, only I can get her to stop. Yesterday she started to hump the leg and/or tail of our 160lb. Male Lab/German Sheppard mix. They have always played well together. He is use to little dogs and is very gentel with them. As a puppy, the Yorkie always ran all over him. She loves to rub up against him and he always lowers his head so she can stand on his nose when they first see each other.

However, he does not like the humping and growls at her when she does it. She dosn't really stop though. Just for a second and then goes right back to it.

She just turned two, why is she doing this and how do I get her to stop for good.

StaceyB
August 29th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Off topic, Wow 160 lb lab/ shep.

Prin
August 30th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Dominance. You should get your family much more involved in the training. It seems your doggy has little respect for humans. You should be able to remove her from any other dogs as well. Most dogs really don't appreciate being dominated and there can be dangerous consequences.