Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Awesome Clay Ruby

Dukieboy
August 29th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone!! Haven't been on for a while. Check out Clay Rubys news conference on the CP24 site in the In The Raw section.

http://www.pulse24.com/In_The_Raw/Raw_Video/page.asp

Luvmypit
August 29th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Thanks Dukie. You tell em Clayton!!!

He was very good. He spoke of some studies that were done. Also talked about all the organizations that are opposed and raised the questions we all would like answers to and that is why they werent listened to. And he made the connection between money and this legislation on how the govern. took the cheap way out..

Go Clayton GO!!!!

twodogsandacat
August 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Last night at the vigil I felt somewhat confident. Today 100% confident. We will win this.

StaceyB
August 29th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I hope the dogs win this one.

Copper'sMom
August 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM
If we win this, I am going to shake the man's hand and give him the biggest hug I can and send him Thank you letters every week!! :fingerscr

babyrocky1
August 29th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Dam I cant get the volume. Shannon must have done something to the settings and shes asleep :confused: ! I hope we can still get at it tommorrow> Im dieing to here the whole thing! I just saw the clis on the news a few times. I saw half of legal briefs too but they were just frustrating me, they dont ssem to get it! Even though they werent really for the ban or didn't seem so they didn't really have much of a grip of the law or a real understanding of the problems, also they kept trying to come up with alternatives to the ban.....hmmm wasn't that done during the four days of committteee hearings???!!!

babyrocky1
August 31st, 2005, 04:31 PM
Hurray, I got to watch and hear the whole thing....kick his but Clayton!!!!!! I do feel better after hearing that :) Worth every penny of tha 250,000. Fundraising ideas anyone LOL BTW on the small part of Legal Briefs that I did see, someone else called in and said they had started a consstitutional challenge from another angle? Lauren H. asked the person to call him after the show....did anyone hear that or does anyone know of such a challenge?

pitbulliest
August 31st, 2005, 10:26 PM
the CP24 interview with Clayton Ruby was a bit dissapointing to me to be honest with you guys....he didn't seem at all prepared..I am not judging him because I really don't know what kind of lawyer he really is and what kind of work he has done..but during that press conference (or interview..whatever you call it), he seemed really uprepared..he was shuffling through papers, stumbling with his words....taking painfully long pauses to figure out what he was going to say....it made me sweat bullets!....I mean..I sure hope he knows what the heck he's doing because we only have one shot at this....

:fingerscr

twodogsandacat
August 31st, 2005, 10:50 PM
By the time this gets to court he will be bang on and the number of PROVEN misidentifications will be documented.

He earned his reputation in courts not in press conferences. That is where he is the best. The last lawyer the McGuinty Misfits want to see coming for them is Clayton Ruby.

From the Hansard:

Mr. Roman: I have no doubt that Clay Ruby is a very competent lawyer. I've known him for probably as long as both of us have been practising.
Mr. Kormos: But you're saying you'll whip his ass if he takes --

KEEP THE FAITH: From the Staffie Club site.

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

-- Sir Winston Churchill

twodogsandacat
August 31st, 2005, 10:59 PM
I posted the text below in May. I still believe it. These experts will have facts. Bryant will have lies.

"When I spoke with one of the people who testified at the hearings it was evident that Bryant made one huge mistake. He assembled for the first time in North America one of the largest panels of experts against BSL.

If he thinks they didnít walk away from those hearings with a commitment to work together and with day timers, blackberries, palms and notepads stuffed full of contact information and email addresses he is mistaken. These groups that had never worked together in such large numbers before were assembled together in the same rooms. In reality it was a great networking opportunity.

The next time he sees them assembled together again his crown attorneys should be having a very bad day. "

babyrocky1
September 3rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
"When I spoke with one of the people who testified at the hearings it was evident that Bryant made one huge mistake. He assembled for the first time in North America one of the largest panels of experts against BSL.

If he thinks they didnít walk away from those hearings with a commitment to work together and with day timers, blackberries, palms and notepads stuffed full of contact information and email addresses he is mistaken. These groups that had never worked together in such large numbers before were assembled together in the same rooms. In reality it was a great networking opportunity.

The next time he sees them assembled together again his crown attorneys should be having a very bad day. "
Words to live the next few months by, or years if we have to take him out via election time, as far as Im concerned its Bryant choose your poison! Infact, legally and then politically! One thing I would add to that is the individuals who have now galvanised and become groups, and that ofcourse would include us! Some of us have been talking again about organizing groups to hit his riding at election time, Im happy to start now!

babyrocky1
September 3rd, 2005, 02:56 PM
the CP24 interview with Clayton Ruby was a bit dissapointing to me to be honest with you guys....he didn't seem at all prepared..I am not judging him because I really don't know what kind of lawyer he really is and what kind of work he has done..but during that press conference (or interview..whatever you call it), he seemed really uprepared..he was shuffling through papers, stumbling with his words....taking painfully long pauses to figure out what he was going to say....it made me sweat bullets!....I mean..I sure hope he knows what the heck he's doing because we only have one shot at this....

:fingerscr He knows what hes doing! Hes one of the best, if not the best constitutional lawyer in Canada! Eddie Greenspan, another very prominant lawyer has written editorials ridiculing this ban as well. Bryant is way out of his league. Thats why that idiot lawyer from hansard tried to jump on the government band wagon for free....even losing to a lawyer like Ruby is an honour for the much less competent. Its like an less than average fighter just lasting a few rounds with a champion!

pitbulliest
September 4th, 2005, 09:32 PM
That's very good to know..

I hope we get some updates soon..I want to know what is going on...if there will be any court hearings soon..or ANYTHING for that matter having to do with this case...

twodogsandacat
September 4th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Sadly it could be eight months. Still that's eight months closer to the Liberals handing our their resumes as they all seek new forms of employment.

babyrocky1
September 6th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Sadly it could be eight months. Still that's eight months closer to the Liberals handing our their resumes as they all seek new forms of employment. More sadly, if we win, as you predicted before 2dogs, the word from the DLCC, is that the government will most certainly appeal, on the bright side, if we lose, Ruby will most certainly appeal. I don't know if, say we win, will the law stand until the appeal or will we be FREE at last. And then we would have time to prepare for the election and our GOODBYE BRYANT party!!!!

Schwinn
September 7th, 2005, 11:31 AM
If we win, the law becomes null and void instantly. If the Fibs appeal, they spend a tonne of money that the majority of Ontario does not feel should be spent on a dog law (whether they like pits or not, most feel the money needs to go elsewhere), and that will only hurt them.

babyrocky1
September 7th, 2005, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=Schwinn]If we win, the law becomes null and void instantly. QUOTE] Wow thats good news, but your other point about the government looking really bad spending money on an appeal-they did it with and are doing it now with the case of the Autisitic Children and the funding. You would think that the public would be totally discusted with that, but it went in and out of the media in a flash. I guess that if it comes down to that we will have to be sure to keep attention on it and the waste to the tax payer!

twodogsandacat
September 7th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Wow thats good news, but your other point about the government looking really bad spending money on an appeal-they did it with and are doing it now with the case of the Autisitic Children and the funding. You would think that the public would be totally discusted with that, but it went in and out of the media in a flash. I guess that if it comes down to that we will have to be sure to keep attention on it and the waste to the tax payer!

Around the time this hits we have just over a year left with the McGuinty Misfits. They will be making promises and spending money like drunken sailors.

We will be attacking them on coal, autistic kids, sharia law, catholic (separate) parents having their kids school funding kept intact while Jewish parents and any other private school rebates had that right taken away, double hatter fire fighters, broken promises, the budget, municipal funding cuts, one cancer drug funded another not(same cost but one group matters and the other doesn't?), the environment, the green belt, hydro, broken promises, black on black violence being ignored, Karla Homolka has already violated the conditions of her parole, the rights of LEGAL gun owners and anything else I can think of to make them look bad.

This law was seen as a waste of money by many. A couple of good lost cases and subsequent lawsuits and it will be fool hardy and a waste of money to appeal it when there are so many other issues they have ignored. God helps him if a dog of another breed kills in Ontario before 2007.

McGuinty and Bryant will be hard to take down but I'll be satisfied to see the punks on the other side of the legislature. Pick out two chairs now boys.