Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Address for gov.

BullLover
August 29th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Does anyone have an address where we can send letters, protests, and the like to our government. I just feel like telling off someone today.... :thumbs up

Copper'sMom
August 29th, 2005, 11:06 AM
email Bryant directly! michael.bryant@jus.gov.on

bluntman
August 29th, 2005, 11:21 AM
And here is his mailing address, he love to egnore e-mails, and people who make sence.
Michael Bryant at 720 Bay Street, 11th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2K1.

BullLover
August 29th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Oh, excellent! Maybe I'll teach my dogs how to give the finger and send some pictures along with it.....Thanks!

Schwinn
August 29th, 2005, 02:20 PM
You might want to send it with a miner's cap, it'll make it easier for him to read with his head up his butt.

Luvmypit
August 29th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I sent him a message today.

Just saying basically I will make sure that I fight against this till the end. That I think he reached this legislation maliciously. That when he first announced this ban that people were rude and I felt alienated and now it seems clear heads have prevailed and people go out of their way. I also let him know that I am disapointed in this government and am worried thatthe animal cruelty act has never been canged and that I consider this just another back step in the fight for safety for all animals and responsible ownership.

Something I thought of the other day why didn't since it is required that you register all dogs did the Attorney general not ask all dog owners to register their dogs? Why didn't he ask that leash laws be respected? Its very evident he had no intention in keeping anyone safe or for any of the other dog owners to follow the basic laws already in place.

I heard babyrocky I think it was say the same that people are going out of there ways to pet capone and talk about this law. I haven't met a screwed up face yet or recently I should say when people ask what he is and I respond. Before it was like I told them I was amputating all their limbs.

mastifflover
August 29th, 2005, 02:56 PM
You can email the village idiot till the cows come home but he will not respond as Bluntman stated. I have emailed him countless times and the only response I ever received was telling me how much safer I will feel when this law passes. So rest assured your email will not be read, but like most things in the government they really don't care what we think. I have printed out all the emails I sent him and am now sending them by snail mail with a note asking why none of my 47 emails were never answered and the ones that were answered did not even address the issues.

Luvmypit
August 29th, 2005, 03:17 PM
NOw that is a smart idea Mastifflover. I know he won't read them. Its just I know that someone has to pass through it (i entitled it "voters") .

babyrocky1
August 29th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Honestly guys, unless its helpful for you to vent, any corresondence with Bryant is a huge wast of time. The man is a complete waste of skin. He is just the idiot we are suing. I am happy to communicate with his constituants but this law has done exactly what he wanted it to do, it has given him a public profile. Our energy is better placed either educating, particularly, his constituants, the riding of St Pauls. or educating people in general. Also forming political allies whether they be within or without the Fiberal party. Whatever your political affiliation you can still attack him that way. We have to make every one in Ontario understand that they have been duped by this guy. The recent comparisons between the way he went after Pit bulls compared to the way he ISNT going after gun toting criminals will not be lost on anyone!

babyrocky1
August 29th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Im babbling again I gotta go to bed...night all Guess well start the good fight again tommorrow :)

Jazz&Cricket
August 30th, 2005, 09:20 AM
His website specifically states that there will be no response to email BUT he has to reply to letters. Okay, so he sends the 'same' reply over and over...keep them! When election time rolls around, you have lots of good information to show how totally useless he was! I'm doing that with my MPP as well. His words will come back to haunt him for sure

BullLover
August 30th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Oh excellent! I will send loads more in the mail then. :)

Lizzie
August 30th, 2005, 11:26 AM
While I am not a Liberal, never have been, never will be, I must acknowledge the point that was made about MPPs sending out the same letter.

Why would they send out a different letter to each person writing in on pit bulls? Their position is the same, as would their letter be.

Furthermore, consider it in your favour if you get a form letter. This means they are getting too many letters to respond with unique letters for each of you.

Luvmypit
August 30th, 2005, 12:01 PM
well for starter when you send an email or letter against BSL and then send you back a form letter stating that we will be safer and blah blah blah assuming that we are for the ban. So when you don't bother reading your constituents emails/letters then who the hell is he working for?

I would hope that an ELECTED official makes them self available for the people that gave them a job. I don't thinkits too much to ask. Especially when your concerns are that this Bill is full of crap and then send you back a form letter saying they share your concerns and now that have banne dthese dogs we will all be safer. Basically saying thank you for supporting us in this endeavor.

But you are right in the sense that they must be getting a lot of emails/letters regarding this issue to send out form letters. Which could be a good or bad thing.

Lizzie
August 30th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Well, as far as this issue is concerned or any issue really, they should not send out letters saying they share your concerns if you don't share them. I missed that point when I read the earlier comments. In this case, they are unlikely to send a letter back arguing with the writer about the issue. They are best to simply acknowledge and perhaps mention that they are keeping track of the number of people for and against the issue.

People who write frequently, bashing the position in an emotional way will likely not have themselves heard by Bryant and his staff. They will likely stamp them frequent and toss them aside.

The bottom line I think is that he's not on the side of pit bull owners, he doesn't seem interested in changing and so why bother writing him? It's like a brick wall right? He's got a pool of followers on the opposite side, who he is "standing up for."

I think it would be more profitable to find other MPPs on your side and focus on pulling them together to change the law. Bryant is not going to change it.

Anyways, im not on his side. I just see fighting the cause from a different perspective I guess.

Jazz&Cricket
August 30th, 2005, 12:21 PM
My next letters to my MPP and MB will likely be on the issue of 'reverse onus' which has been applied under Bill 132. Which means, that I should NOT get the same 'pitbull' form letter back...but any bets that I will? And I do agree that form letters likely mean that there is alot of mail. GOOD...

Is there some way to find out under the Freedom of Information Act just how many letters have been sent on this issue? MB seems to toss about all sorts of figures that show 'everyone' in favour of the law...but can he back this up?

In the meantime, I want to let all of you who own the
targetted breeds that you have my support. As a dog owner, I firmly
believe we are all in this fight together, regardless
of what breed of dog I own. So, please, give all your
dogs a hug for me.

On another note, I struggle constantly with using the term
'pitbull' when in fact, there is no such breed as
'pitbull'. Since public perception is so skewed
against the name, what if we referred to all 'mixed
breed' dogs..as just that, mixed breed, All Canadians,
All American, etc. and used the exact registered names
for purebred dogs, such as the Staffordshire Bull
Terrier, etc.
Would this make any sense? Would it help?