Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pitbulls on CTV news- in a relatively good way.

Prin
August 29th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Here's the article: http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1125278311720_42/?hub=TopStories

Watch the clip from the link on the right of the article (I can't post the link): CTV News: Denelle Balfour on the ban 1:43

Prin
August 29th, 2005, 12:18 AM
I like this quote the best:
What is so dangerous for the public is they think they can approach any dog, mishandle any dog that isn't a pitbull and they won't be bitten, and that's not going to be the case"

Me and Kayla
August 29th, 2005, 07:00 AM
I think their portrayal of 'pitbulls' in general as being unpredicable as family pets, and an inherent danger to society was disgusting. If that was their entire coverage of the 'rally' then I think we know what side of the fence the CTV wants to be on this issue. :mad:

babyrocky1
August 29th, 2005, 12:43 PM
CP24 is running more about the rally, as well as the press conference from Clayton Ruby. BTW I think I saw you in the clip Kayla and me. When the camera shoots to the little girl with the I Love my Pit bull tee shirt, if you dont blink, youll see yourself LOL I think we need to try and focus on this discusting day as the beginning of the LEGAL FIGHT and the eventual defeat of this bill! Rather than how it feels, like the beginnnng of the end of our rights :mad: Rocky started weezing or something when I put his muzzle on-it was definately not obstructing his breathing-he just got that upset :eek: I have more postss aout the rally but I have to go to the drs. now....til later

Writing4Fun
August 29th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Just saw the results of their on-line poll - 67% believe pit bulls are being treated unfairly and the ban is wrong. :highfive:

Prin
August 29th, 2005, 01:20 PM
I didn't see anything about the rally!? I saw the story about the pitbull ban coming into effect... I'll go back and look.

kellyla
August 29th, 2005, 01:51 PM
I was watching City at noon and they had a reporter at the THS.They showed a female trying to put a muzzle on a dog.This so called muzzle was just a strap that was put around the dogs mouth but right at the very back by his eyes.The dog was panting and could open his mouth just about all the way.Is this what is passing as a muzzle?
When I bought the wire cage muzzle I was thinking nobody would be able to accuse my dog of biting since he cant his open mouth all the way or put his teeth through the wire.My dog looks like a hockey player while this strap they were using as amuzzle looked like nothing.

Me and Kayla
August 29th, 2005, 11:19 PM
CP24 is running more about the rally, as well as the press conference from Clayton Ruby. BTW I think I saw you in the clip Kayla and me. When the camera shoots to the little girl with the I Love my Pit bull tee shirt, if you dont blink, youll see yourself LOL I think we need to try and focus on this discusting day as the beginning of the LEGAL FIGHT and the eventual defeat of this bill! Rather than how it feels, like the beginnnng of the end of our rights :mad: Rocky started weezing or something when I put his muzzle on-it was definately not obstructing his breathing-he just got that upset :eek: I have more postss aout the rally but I have to go to the drs. now....til later

I missed that clip babyrocky. In fact, I haven't seen any coverage of the actual vigil yet. Any links???

Me and Kayla

babyrocky1
August 29th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Sorry me and Kayla I dont know how to make those links. Remember my friend Laura and her family that we were sitting with, I introduced you to them, the shot was mostly her and her daughter and husband when we were all sitting on the ground with our candles. I only knew it was you cause I knew were everyone was sitting at that particular time. How did you make out with the muzzle, did you get the leather one? or was that for your daughterin law. I tryed a few times with Rocky today with the plastic on-I got taht from someone at the rally. It was sooo upsetting but I actually got him to walk to the yard . My "secret place" I told him we were going to the yard and then I would take it off, which I did and let him play ball, I then brought him most of the way home, when we got really close I put it on again, told him I would take it off at home. He was pretty good at that point and rushed HOME but didn't try and get it off. Earlier I just put it on and told him we were going to Shannons-he loves to go to shannons and it only takes a few minutes to get there-as soon as we got there I took it off. Im trying to show him that its "Okay" it will come off when we get were we are going! Poor guy looks so pathetic! Hes really upset, The way they have reported the news all day it made it sound as if we needed to muzzle today! I called city and asked them to clarify AGAIN they just ran the story again but it sounded correct this time. Good thing cause ive already run into some confrontational neighbours. It seems they feel even more comfortable saying nasty things when he is WEARING the muzzle. Could be a very long time till 2007 :eek: