Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my puppy destroyed our carpet help

lucyvanpelt
August 28th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Help!

We have a ten month old schnauzer mix who up till now has never done a thing wrong,he is the cutest and most loveable pup so good natured.Well up till now, my husband and and I went away for the weekend we left duffy at home with our daughter who had to work on Sunday so she closed him in the family room like we always do when we go out,this is the normal routine.He was left on his own for two hours till we got home and when we opened the family room door we found the wall to wall carpet under the doors scratched to shreds.I know he missed us alot because normally I am always home but I am at a loss, :sad: :sad: what happens next time do I start crating him again ,put him in another room please help :

BMDLuver
August 28th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Back to the crate. He could have seriously injured himself on the carpet tacks or ingested some of the carpet and had other problems. He was most likely disturbed by the change in routine, got anxious, bored and looked for a way out. He definitely would be safest in his crate.

the gang
August 28th, 2005, 08:39 PM
i agree!!!!! the safest place is with the crate, leave a radio on and give your little one a kong, i put mine in freezer than peanut butter or cheze whiz, this should work good luck. :fingerscr

Karin
August 28th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Crate. This cutest, most loveable pup has you wrapped around his little paw.

Obedience training goes along way too...