Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Charley went Camping... And hated it...

PetFriendly
August 27th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I think it was mostly because, believe it or not, there wasn't any grass to lay on. It was at a provincial park and anyone who's been will know the sites have 'dirt floors' and are quite hard. But, he found comfort, literally, in the little chair I bought for him. Next year, we'll have to get one slightly larger I think, he couldn't really stretch out on this one, but would jump right up onto it when he wanted to nap and be left alone (I let everyone know that the chair was his safe spot and not to bother him to avoid any snapping issues).

That's the end of my brag, thanks for reading and enjoy the pics!

PetFriendly
August 27th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Here's another of him in his chair, down for the night after a days worth of exploring.

Prin
August 27th, 2005, 06:22 PM
What a spoiled city-dog!!! :D I hope the humans had fun..

PetFriendly
August 27th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Oh ya, we had a great time. Its funny you know, Charley comes out to my parents' house in the country almost weekly with me. He loves the wide open spaces, the fields with the tall grass (where he can run off leash cause there's no where else to go :) ), but he isn't keen on laying in the dirt... Maybe its because he knows he'll have to have a bath?!

BeagleMum
August 27th, 2005, 08:57 PM
That's so cute. I am actually bringing Spencer camping next weekend for the first time ever, I hope he likes it. He will have a ton of things to sniff so he should be content as he is a beagle.

Byrd
August 27th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Which park did you go to?

Willow loved her camping experiences. So much that she got back in the trailer as we were cranking it down and took a snooze.

PetFriendly
August 28th, 2005, 02:52 PM
We were at Murphy's Point. It was a really nice park and the eara we were in had private (as private as you can get in a provincial park) sites that weren't all crammed together.

Unlike Willow, when we were packing up to leave, Charley couldn't get in the truck fast enough, worried about being left behind I guess.

Byrd
August 28th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Never been to Murphy's Point.

Yeah, she likes camping.... to bad we only got to go twice and won't be able to go on anymore trips this year. Well, maybe next year.

BeagleMum
September 5th, 2005, 08:19 PM
We just went camping this last weekend and Spencer loved it. Here he is after a tring day.

Roxy's_MA
September 7th, 2005, 12:05 PM
We went camping on the August long weekend. Roxy had a blast.

Roxy's_MA
September 7th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Here is another one.

BeagleMum
September 7th, 2005, 09:19 PM
They all love the camping chairs eh?

Roxy's_MA
September 8th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Yup, she wouldn't sit on the ground unless their was a blanket there. Luckily I brought an extra chair so no was put out.

Luvmypit
September 8th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I thought capone was the only spoiled brat!

her122
September 11th, 2005, 10:07 AM
All these dogs in those chairs, I'm so jelous. I don't thing I could get one big enough for my beastie. :(