Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

help me to stop my dog from peeing in the house

AtLeIrErNy
August 26th, 2005, 07:00 AM
My dog is a jack russell two years of age. she was house broken then she got pregnant and the puppies used the bathroom in the house. once the puppies was gone we had to potty train her all over. now we have a three month old boy and she is starting to pee in the house again. she pee's on our son's stuff and she pee's in her own bed. any tips or hints or whatever suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Luvmypit
August 26th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Make sure that when one pee's you clean it up with a pet deodarizer. Its very important that the smell be gone or else they see it as a place to go.

Go to a pet supply store and ask them how to get the odours out. Make sure to clean every spot. It sounds like she is just going because she smells it.

Beaglemom
August 26th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Is she only peeing on your son's stuff or is she going throughout the house or in a specific spot of the house? Has she been spayed since her pregnancy?

First, do as Luvmypit suggested. Make sure all dog urine scent is gone using the proper cleaners (no ammonia!).

If she is only peeing on your son's stuff and on her own bed, then she may be doing this for attention. She may feel like she is being ignored now because of the new baby. Give her treats and lots of attention when the baby is in the room. Make her feel like only good things happen when the baby is around.

I suspect that she may also need to be rehousebroken.

If she is urinating more frequently or straining, she may have a urinary tract infection and should be seen by a veterinarian.

AtLeIrErNy
August 27th, 2005, 02:44 AM
no she has not been spaded. and it is only our son's things and her own that she is peeing on. and thanks for the suggestions.