Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

She is driving me NUTS!?!?!?

Marenzia
August 25th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Okay so I swear my kitten was only in heat less then three weeks ago, and suddenly she is again. How often are they in heat?

And does anyone know if the SPCA still helps low-income (I'm a student) neutur their cats? :confused:

coppperbelle
August 26th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Where are you located. If you are in the MOntreal area, try out the Vanier college vet clinic.

Marenzia
August 26th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Nope I am in the Barrie area...

heidiho
August 26th, 2005, 10:07 AM
KIttens go into heat>>>>>HMMMM

Lucky Rescue
August 26th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Okay so I swear my kitten was only in heat less then three weeks ago, and suddenly she is again. How often are they in heat?

Cats can be in heat nearly constantly until bred or spayed. I don't advise breeding her, so you must spay her. This is part of the cost of owing a cat and must be done. Constant heats can cause cancer of the reproductive organs, and mammary tumours.

Try calling the local humane societies and vets to find out who gives the best price.

CyberKitten
August 26th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Yep, some cats er make that kittens can go in heat at the age of 4 months and many kittens actually become young moms. Teenage moms but moms all the same with babies. Maybe you can find a vet who will offer a payment plan. I had my kitten spayedfor just $100 which was quite reasonable considering it included all the meds and post vet visit to take out her stitches. That is part of the reason Rescues charge for a cat - usually the kitty is spayed or neutered first. I must say several US states - most in the northwest - are quite progressive in holding low income spay and neuter clinics. I wish that would happen here!!! (I must talk to my vet - she holds a significant office in the vet assn and maybe a coaltion could bring that together and make it happen.