Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Weather Channel Bimbos...

Karin
August 24th, 2005, 09:34 PM
They love to report the gloom & doom of the hurricane season...

I know, it's all about the ratings.

Katrina is a mere TS, yes, very likely she will be a hurricane (minimium) by landfall tomorrow...so let's start a riot and get the fear factor going so the sponsors, Home Depot to name one...get their fare share of the cash flow.
I am on the bad side again, I am staying home. We will have a major dump of rain, needed, and high winds. Even if we have a direct hit, Katrina is a wimp.
Jim Cantore is already in place reporting his so off the mark weather reports...comedy central...lmsao!

~PAGS!~ Get ready..in a few days it's your turn!~

I have got to laugh at these bozos...they are amusing.

Prin
August 24th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Wow, commercial weather? :D

Karin
August 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Ft. Lauderdale is getting pounded right now. I talked to my friend Pompano Patti earlier this morning, she and her coworkers had already stowed away all but 6 of their companies aircraft, the others had to be flown out to Orlando & Jacksonville. The tails are too high to fit in their hangars. They were closing up shop and heading home at noon. I just tried to call her at home, all lines are down. Cell phones are not working either so some towers must be down also. That happened here last year too with Frances.
I'm not worried about her, she's a south Florida hurricane pro.

We are getting the outer bands now. Nice hard squall lines, plenty of rain, no lightning. (Lightning is rare in hurricanes). Now when Katrina spits herself out into the gulf, I'll be watching her close. Shes over land now but maintaining hurricane force winds...not good. The west coast is still covered with blue tarps from Charley last year...damage was so wide spred, repairs are very slow. I feel for these people.

We really needed this rain.

Prin
August 25th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I heard that you'll be getting 1/2 a meter of rain in the next couple of days. Not too good... :eek: Please stay safe!!