Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Journal de Montreal ad is terrible!!

Prin
August 24th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Anybody in Montreal see the billboard for Journal de Montreal classifieds?

It's a chihuahua with that little bag on a stick like he's taking a trip and he's got his head down all sad looking!!! I think the ad is supposed to imply that he has his bags packed, and his owners should advertise in their classifieds!!!! They're everywhere!!! They're horrible!! I'm going to write in... I think they're owned by Quebecor. :mad: :mad: :mad:

CyberKitten
August 25th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Write a letter to the editor Prin!! I am sure your bf can help you with the French part! I do believe that is a Quebecor company but write to the paper directly.

twinmommy
August 25th, 2005, 01:54 PM
quite sure it is Quebecor, but..without offending anyone...isn't this paper sort of a French "Enquirer"...I have thumbed a few pages in the past and it's not exactly for the "edjamacated" if you know what I mean..... :rolleyes:

No offense meant by it, and it certainly doesn't excuse the ads....

Prin--YOU GO, GIRL!!! Write that letter!! :thumbs up

nymph
September 2nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
I was visiting Montreal last weekend and spotted that ad but frankly wasn't sure what it meant. :evil:

sjat24
September 12th, 2005, 04:11 AM
OMG I saw it too, I was on the bus and I saw at least 3 billboard along the highway with the poor dog advertisment. Jeez just thinking about how they got the dog to get in postion with the bag on the stick, he looked soooo sad.

Prin
September 12th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Isn't it horrible?! I sent a letter to Quebecor and I have yet to receive a response. Why do they have to be EVERYWHERE?!?!?! :mad:

BoxerRescueMTL
September 14th, 2005, 10:18 PM
I saw it too! Chris and I couldn't figure the stupid thing out. What are they saying?!? The dog with the stick is photoshop. Not the whole dog, but the stick and the way his back is.

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 12:42 PM
They're trying to say that if the dog has to leave, advertise it in the Journal's classifieds. :mad:

BoxerRescueMTL
September 15th, 2005, 12:58 PM
that's what we thought!!! but then we were like "NO WAY! that's too awful-it's OBVIOUSLY wrong to say that!"

i guess we were wrong... :sad:

Prin
September 15th, 2005, 01:16 PM
That's why I wrote to Quebecor! I couldn't stand it and they were (are) everywhere!! Disgusting ads eh? Horrible.