Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Joey decided he doesnt like his crate

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 23rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
Just when you thought Joey was all trained. (well we are still working on things) He has another issue!

Joey came crate trained and would sleep in the crate at night when we went to bed. On the occasion when we had to go out he would go in the crate with no problem and settle down. He goes in there with water, his kong and his stuffies at around 9 oclock is let out at midnight for a walk then put back in for the night. He is let out first thing in the morning to go for a walk. Then back in for another 2 hours until my husband wakes up. He is only in there at night and when we go out never in the day when we are there. Then he is constantly with us. This has been his routine since day one.

Since yesterday he has hated and cried everytime we put him in there.
Last night he cried and cried until I let him out. I had to get some sleep. He slept on the floor outside my door.
My husband put him back in when he got home and he started crying again at 2am, until I let him out. I had to work today so I wasn't prepared to go without sleep. Probably not the smartest thing to do I know but I am a basket case without sleep. :(

My husband put Joey in the crate a few days ago and took my kids to a movie. Apparently that was the day the issue started when they got back a few hours later Joey was all stressed.

Now I dont mind if Joey doesnt sleep in the crate, but I would like him in there when we go out. Has he developed seperation anxiety all of a sudden is this part of him testing us out, or was he tramatised by the family going out.
We went out before a few days earlier and Greg said he was quite comfortable and wasnt in a big hurry to get out. We were gone about the same amount of time as when my husband took the boys out yesterday.

I should add Joey is almost never alone. We have only gone out maybe 2 times and left him in there for about four hours.

Prin
August 23rd, 2005, 09:40 PM
Ooops there are two of these threads.... ;) I answered this one: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=18741

White Wolf
August 23rd, 2005, 09:56 PM
closed to avoid confusion. ;)